-One-

I stand there, allowing the water to run down on me. I grab the bar of soap and scrub down.

"Ouch!...what the?"

I Look down at whatever just pinched me. On the edge of my foots a giant spider.

*AHA!!!*

I scream, kicking it off and throwing back the showers-curtain, leaping out the tub in a squeal. Oh My Gosh. There's a spider the size of a...The size of my android charger block.

I hurried to swing open the under-sinks-cabinet and fish for a solid object to kill it with.

I find a half empty conditioning bottle and pulled it out, turning it so that the opening ends in my hand and the bottom ends the part that's going to squash it.

All I was planting to do was end its miserable life before someone else did...But the small brain it had seemed to be bigger than I thought...It's gone...Oh No!.

I washed myself good enough, I think i'm good to gather my things up and leave out of here before it censes my fear.

In a rush I tug the towel around me and walk out...Scurrie out. Leaving the conditioner bottle out on the sinks top.

I bust through my rooms door and get dress for school. Well hopefully there here this time.

After finishing clothing myself i head down the stairs with my bookbag on my one shoulder.

"Mom?" I shout around the kitchens corner.

"Yes?" she asked looking confused that i was here to talk to her.

"Arnt you supposed to be at school?" She questions with her forehead creasing with wonder.

I stop in front of her and answer her question.

"No...we have a two hour delay due to the traffic hold up from that explosion they were cleaning up." I look at her then brushed her perplexed look away.

"What? I never knew there was an explosion...Wait, there was an explosion at your school?" she rasped with a worried face.

"Yes...No... It was down by the road that led to our school..but that's not what im...---" I start.

"Oh well then, that two hour delay needs to turn into a canceling school day . Do we know what the cause of that explosion was?" she asked leaning against the counter.

"What...No...That's not what I came down here to talk to you about." She stops and allows me to go on.

"There's a gigantic spider more like an chranchala in the bathroom somewhere!" I wince.

She looks at me out the corner of her eyes, then takes a sip of the glass of water she ran for herself.

"Uhu..sounds very scary sweety. So whens the bus coming to pick you up?" she asked setting the glass down inside the sink.

"uhh...Mom. I'm getting pick up by Drusilla." I say walking away. She's not going to do anything about that charanchala.

I wait in the living room until Drusilla texts me that she's outside in the driveway.

"Bye Mom." I say walking out the door closing it behind me.

As I reach up to her car I see her in the driver's seat, then I see another figure in the back seat.

I glance over them, then hop in not looking at who it is.

"Hay," Drusilla says with a whiting smile. How much I wish I'd look like her. I mean she's a model for goodness sake, who wouldn't want to look like that?

She pulls out my driveway, and I still haven't looked back at who it was yet.

"Amber, you know Lucas don't you? He's going be in our classes the rest of the year." Drusilla announced her eyes still on the road as she turns the corner.

Lucas that name rings a bell from somewhere. I turn around and give the boy a smile. His face sure doesn't ring a bell.

"So...He's going to be riding with us the rest of the year." She fills in. She looks at me as if she wants me to say something.

"OH...ohh..Okay," I say uncertain to as what she wanted me to say.

She looks back at the road. It looked like my reply wasn't the one she was looking for.

I'm quite the rest of the ride to school. There both quite as well until we arrived at school.

Drusilla looks at me with a weird smile.

"So Amber, you wouldn't mind taking Lucas here with you to your twos first period class would you?" She asked looking back at Lucas giving him as much of her weirdness of face.

"uhh...Its fine im sure I can manage." Lucas tries to turn down with a shyish low voice.

Drusilla turns it back up.

"No its fine. Its better going with someone then no one." She insists

"you no what, fine let's go Luke." I hopped out the car and he's following right behind.

I look back and see Drusilla already walking to the side doors that's closer to her class. Seeing Luke walking in sync with my footsteps.

"My names Lucas By the way."

"Oh well sorry for the mess up lucas." I say to him walking into the doors.

"Its ok it wouldn't be the first." He said turning the corner with me.

"Good because that would make me the worst right?" I say with a questioning face.

He gives a small grin and shakes his head. "No."

I look at him with a lowering brow.

"So i wouldn't be anywhere near the worst?" he shakes his head again.

"No not unless you're implying it with unnecessary names thats purposefully meant to make fun of me." His words are straight forward and not meant as a joke.

"Oh, your known as a laughing sack too huh?" He shakes his head no another time.

"Okay..." I say not getting it at all. I left it at that. Walking into Chemistry class then to take a seat in the second to last corner by the back.

And to my surprize Lucas takes a seat right next to me. I give a small smile then looked forward the rest of the class.