QUIDDITCH AND NEW FRIENDS

The next day started with double charms. They were starting with magical objects. Professor Flitwick spent the first half explaining the working and the spells used in the creation of Gobstones. Then they moved on to broomsticks and flying carpets.

"A magical craftsman doesn't just throw a bunch of ingredients together and whisper a single spell to make the item work long-term. He must manipulate a great deal of magic together, weaving it with other spells, in order to make an object work. Keep in mind that the same spells that can make a dictionary move around (like the Levitation Charm) are not used when crafting an item as they are too simple and do not cover everything. To make an object fly, you have to precisely apply a series of spells that control how high it goes, how fast it goes, how it slows down, how it changes direction, and all sorts of other things. Now, I could describe each individual spell every single time I want to describe something that flies or moves, but it's much easier to wrap all of these similar types of spells into a single term. That term is 'Form'. Both broomsticks and carpets use Motion Form."

Potions was spent with Snape ratting off the Laws of Administration and prowling around while the class wrote and memorised them.

The day went by without any excitement whatsoever and Ria was having the time of her life laughing and chatting with Ron, Harry and Hermione.

Harry had taken to avoiding Lockhart whenever he could. But he could not avoid Colin Creevey, who seemed to have memorised their timetable. Nothing seemed to give Colin a bigger thrill than to say, "All right, Harry?" six or seven times a day and hear, "Hello, Colin," back, however exasperated Harry sounded when he said it.

Friday morning, Ria sat down at breakfast with Ron and Hermione, expecting another plain day, when Professor McGonagall attracted their attention.

"Griffindors! Please remember to check the notice board on your way to morning classes."

The four of them looked around at each other curiously.

"What do you think it is about?", Hermione asked.

"Donno!", Ron muttered, his mouth full of toast.

"We'll check on our way to Charms", Harry said.

"Do you think it's got anything to do with Dobby's warning?", Hermione asked in a hushed voice, looking worried.

"I don't think so", Ria said. "Professor McGonagall didn't seem worried or anything."

"Hey, Greystone?"

Ria jumped at the hushed voice near her ears.

"Oliver!", She gasped looking back and spotting him standing right behind her chair.

"Show up and don't be late.", he said looking at her sternly and then left swiftly leaving a bewildered Ria behind.

"Don't be late for what?", Ria asked totally confused.

"For the best day of your life young lady!", Fred exclaimed. He and George had suddenly appeared behind the four friends.

"It's lucky you bought that broom", George said with a smirk. "A Nimbus 2001, huh?"

"The others don't stand a chance!", Fred said with a broad grin. "See you soon!"

"And good luck!", George added with a wink and the twins left.

Ria sat stunned for a few seconds. Then she looked at Harry who looked at her. They both jumped to their feet at the exact same second and ignoring  Ron's call of "Where are you two going?", raced out of the Great Hall, right to the notice board.

NOTICE

Tryouts for Chasers of the Griffindor Quidditch team will be conducted on Friday, 3rd September at the Quidditch pitch. Hopefuls are requested to be at the tryouts by 5 pm the same evening.