Chapter 3

Colton

I woke up as the sun rays streamed in from my bedroom window and groaned at the light disturbing my sleep. I mean I only have a few days left before I am crowned as the king and I want to be able to enjoy the remaining days as best as I can. Once I become the Alpha King I am barely going to be able to sleep in late or do whatever I want. I am Colton Flynn Lawson the next inline Alpha King of the royal Midnight Moon pack. I am loved by everyone including my parents, family, friends and pack. I am a part of the strongest pack in New York, we are located at the "Ferris Lake forest in Hamilton, New York. Our neighbouring pack is our biggest ally and the second largest and strongest pack in New York.

I completed my high school and then went for Alpha training that every next inline Alpha has to attend for two years and being the next inline king meant I had to work harder than the other Alpha's. I came back a few days ago after completing the training and I couldn't be happier because these two years have been the most difficult two years as I had to spend them away from my love Patrina. She is the a very beautiful girl who I have loved since my childhood and I want her to be my mate. I couldn't take over my responsibilities as the king as I had to wait for my mate. Patrina is the daughter of our pack's Beta, she is very kind, caring and strong. I want her to be my chosen queen if she doesn't turn out to be my mate.

I had a bit of trouble with my family as my parent don't approve of Patrina and the logic of chosen queen but after a lot of discussions and objections from my end we came to a bargain that after Patrina's 18th birthday we would wait for a few months to see if either of us find our true mate. If we do not find our true mate before my cornation is scheduled then I will be able to choose Patrina as my queen. I just hope that Patrina is my true mate, I have a few days before we can find out if we are mates. Her birthday is this weekend and I can't wait for it.

To be honest no one is happy about my decision of being with Patrina, everyone, my parents, my baby sister Lavender and even my best friend Dylan is against it but I love her and I don't want to be with anyone else. Before I was involved with Patrina, I was attracted to Dylan's twin sister Darcy and I am going to be honest she is the most beautiful girl I have ever laid my eyes on. I feel like an invisible force pullls me towards her but she is not good enough to be my queen. She has the most beautiful and unique voilet coloured eyes that captivates me, but as I said she is not fit to be my queen because she is not strong enough to be a queen. Being an Alpha female she had to be dominant and fierce but she is very kind hearted girl. She is loving, caring, smart and beautiful but I have never seen her strength in anything, she is always calm and her face holds a beautiful smile every time I see her.

Although, Dylan says she is good in fighting and she can be stronger than any other she-wolf if the time arises but I have never seen her strength so you can't fully believe what you hear because she is considered weak by her own parents and her pack doesn't respect or care wether she exists or not. Even after being treated invisible by her parents and pack she never fights back so how can I believe she is strong if she can't fight for herself. So, I decided that irrespective of how much I am attracted to her I will not myself fall for her and the only way to do that was to treat her the way others treat her. She has been invisible for me for as long as I can remember.

Then, I became friends with Patrina and slowly I fell in love with her. I don't know why but my family and Dylan say that she is not good for me and that what is see in Patrina is only pretence. I think since they were not able to make me change my mind they keep saying things so I break up with Patrina, as if I am going to let that happen. The only thing that I want is to be Patrina's mate and if by any chance the Moon Goddess has taken away that chance from me then I don't want our mates to come in our lives till the coronation ceremony is over.