𝗠𝘆 𝗧𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗼𝗻 𝗚𝗼𝗻

i know this isn't what i usually post, but i needed to share my thoughts somewhere.
⚠️ this has Chimera Ant Arc spoilers and Greed Island Spoilers in it⚠️

nobody asked, but you shall receive anyway. ~

!!ALSO PLS NOTE THAT I POSTED THIS AWHILE AGO AND MY VIEWS ON GON HAVE CHANGED A LOT SINCE THEN. I NEED TO RE-DO THIS CHAPTER!!

this has been in my head for a while and i need to get it out.

gon is not a "sweet little uwu baby bean boy🥺"
he is not a sticky ipad cheeto dust kid.

i hate fannon Gon, and i rly dislike that people say things like that. he's not super innocent, either. it really makes me frustrated because he's almost the opposite of that, and very few people seem to understand his character.

(although i'm not saying than im an expert and i don't fully understand it either) at least on tiktok, his character is so watered down and it's honestly so gross. he's more than that. how can people fail to see something so obvious? (what I mean by that is how can people fail to see that he's not a little child, and he doesn't act like one)

i've seen lots of people act like gon is a young child so many times on social media. he's not, and he doesn't act like that.

he even said to not to treat him
like a kid.

i just know that cannon gon would despise fannon gon.

he also has a lot of traits and displays behaviors that are similar to a sociopath. in case your wondering which traits i'm talking about, here are some examples;

-Doesn't consider the safety of others

-Aggressive or aggravated behavior

-Doesn't feel guilt or remorse for having harmed/mistreated others

-Doesn't consider their own safety and/or other's safety

-Lack of empathy in general

-Impulsiveness

now let's talk about his selfishness.

1. one of the example of him being selfish is when he was fighting genthru. killua's fingers were destroyed and he was in a lot of pain. gon knew this, but he still wanted to Killua to help him hold the ball (or something like that. i don't remember the Greed Island arc, but you know what i mean) he knowingly sacrificed both of killua's hands and made him endure a lot of pain.

2. Another example of gon's selfish behavior and lack of empathy is when he was watching kumogi get healed. he couldn't care less wether or not Kumogi got healed. He may not have known her, but she was a human life that he didn't care about. he didn't care if she lived or died, all he cared about was revenge for kite. he also used her as a hostage.

3. A third example of this is when gon repeatedly punched pitou's face even after she died.

throughout the whole fight with pitou, you can see how how unstable, unhinged and angry gon really is.

gon prioritizes his own goals so much that he sacrifices other, and doesn't care about anything else. he lets his anger take control and is very destructive and is either unaware, or doesn't care about how that negatively affects others.

also, i'm still trying to understand why Gon cared about Kite so much. am i just dumb and missing something super obvious?

i hope i didn't offend/upset anyone by this chapter. hxh is my hyperfixation, and i hate when people water down togashi's characters because they're so much more complex and interesting than that.
and just to clarify, i don't hate, or even dislike gon. i hope this chapter didn't make it seem like i dislike him.