Chapter 3

At Hospital, in Prachi's ward

As seen in the last part we saw that Pragya wanted to talk to Prachi. Prachi already sensed that whatever her mother will say is something serious which for sure will be difficult her to take in & to her utter dismay it actually is. She was dumbfounded of each and every word which came out of Pragya's mouth. While on the other hand Pragya just said exactly, word to word what Rhea asked her to without even bothering to even look at her other daughter's facial expressions, her tearful eyes. Even Abhi too never made the effort to understand of what might his daughter, for who he was yearning for 20 long years is feeling.

Pragya: toh Prachi tera kya decision hai? (looking at Prachi with so much hope of listening a YES from her)

Prachi (fake smile): Aap jao Maa. Rhea ko aapki zarurat hai. Aap uski shart maan lo. Mujhe koi problem nahi hai.

Pragya (happily smiling, showing her 32 teeth): sach.

Prachi (again a fake smile): haa Maas sach.

Abhi: dekha Pragya maine kaha tha na, hamari Prachi bahaut samjhdaar hai. Ab chalein Rhea k discharge ki saari formalities puri ho gayi hai.

Pragya: haa. Prachi tu apna dhyan rakhna ha aur medicines time pe le lena, ok?

Prachi: ha Maa. I love.... (before she complete AbhiGya left).

AbhiGya were so happy that they didn't even say a proper goodbye to Prachi. Pragya was happy with the fact that she finally gets to live with her other daughter and her husband after 20 long years while Abhi was happy to have Pragya back in her life after 20 long years. What they both they didn't noticed that Prachi had in her eyes, heart. They were engrossed in their own happiness so much so that they didn't realized that what pain they both had made Prachi engulfed into. Prachi on the other hand was alone in her ward sitting on that hospital bed with tearful eyes ready to flood but was controlling herself. After a while Ranbir entered, they both saw each other and tears started to flood out of Prachi's eyes witnessing which Ranbir hurriedly covers the distance between them and took her in his embrace, he let her cry her heart out. After a while when she calmed a little bit Ranbir asked her the reason for her emotional outburst. She narrated him the whole story listening to which his disgust against Rhea increased.

Prachi (tears welled up in her eyes): Ranbir pls mujhe yaha se dur le chalo. Jin logo ne mujhe kabhi apna samjha hi nahi mujhe unke beech mei nahi rehena. Meri apni maa ne mujhe ek pal mei apne se alag kar diya apni dusri beti k liye. Maine toh suna tha k Maa apne sabhi bachcho se equally pyar karti hai chahe woh bachcha kitna jhi achcha ho ya bura lekin mere case mei toh aisa bilkul hi nahi hai. Meri maa toh mujhse pyar hi nahi karti. I understand k Papa mujhe nahi jaante, unhe kabhi mauka hi nahi mila iss liye shayad woh mujhse utna attached feel nahi karte jitna Rhea se but Maa toh aisi nahi thi. I know mai bahaut selfish sound kar rahi hu but mai kya karu na chahate hue bhi mai aisa feel kar rahi hu. Rhea ne mujhse meri Maa ko cheen liya. (she was crying bitterly by now) Tum pls mujhe yaha se le chalo warna who tumhe bhi mujhse cheen legi. Mai tumhe khona nahi chahati.

Ranbir (trying to calm her): sush...Prachi calm down okay. Koi bhi mujhe tumse nahi chinega, bhagwan bhi nahi I promise u. Mai kabhi bhi tumhara saath nahi chodunga, tum chahogi na tab bhi nahi samjhi. Achcha ab rona band karo mujhe tumhe kuch batana hai.

He then told her about getting a job in the USA and also the argument he had with Dida and Pallavi last night. He told her that they'll be leaving for USA soon. Their conversation was heard by Vikram who came to visit Prachi. He too seconds Ranbir's decision to move to the States but Prachi was reluctant as she had the fear that Pallavi & Dida's misunderstanding for her will increase more.

Ranbir: Prachi beta tu tension na le mai hu na sab sambhal lunga. Aur waise bhi abhi kisi ko bhi nahi pata hai k tum dono ki shaadi ho chuki hai except of me & Aryan.

Prachi: lekin Papa kal jab Pallavi Maa aur Dida ko pata chalega toh woh mujhse aur zyada nafrat karegi aur mai nahi chahati aisa ho.

Vikram: kal jo hoga woh dekha jayega lekin abhi mere liye mere dono bachcho ki khushiya matter karti hai aur kuch nahi.

Prachi: Papa aap jaante hai na Dida aur Pallavi Maa ki jaan basti hai Ranbir mei agar woh inse dur chala gaya toh kaise rahegi woh dono uske bina? Aur aap bhi toh Ranbir se bahaut pyar karte hai na, aap reh lenge apne bete, apne best friend k bina?

Vikram (teary eyes): mushkil hai but impossible nahi. Beta pyar ko na aap qaid kar k nahi rakh sakte. Jab pyar ko qadi ki tarah rakha jaye na toh woh ghutan ban jata hai aur ghutan mei jeena bahaut mushkil hai. Hamara Ranbir humse dur hoga humare dilon se nahi, dur hi sahi lekin khush hoga. Mere bete ki khushi tere saath judi hui hai aur mai kisiko ijazat nahi deta apne bete ko uski khushi se dur rakhne ki, na khud ko aur na hi apni maa aur iski maa ko. Aur phir mujhe pura yakeen hai k hum sab bahaut jald ek saath honge like a one big happy family.

Ranbir: thnx Dad. Aap iss duniya ka best Dad ho

Prachi: aur best Dad-in-Law bhi.

Vikram: achcha now enough of senti talks. Mai tum dono k jaane ki saare paper work complete karwata hu.

On the hand AbhiGya reaches Mehra Mansion along with Rhea, They both totally forgot that their one daughter is still in the hospital wounded but they were so much engrossed in their happiness that they completely forgot about Prachi. When Purab & others asked them about Prachi, Abhi told them the whole "condition drama" and Prachi's acceptance. It's been 2 days that since Pragya is back in Mehra mansion while on the other hand Prachi has also healed and is ready to leave with Ranbir for the States and start a new life. Ranbir, in these two days has collected all the necessary stuff they'll be taking with them like he sneaked into Sarita Aunty's house and has collected all of the Prachi's stuff (her clothes, files etc.) as well as his own stuff without Pallavi & Dida's knowledge. They were ready to board the flight, Vikram & Aryan had come to see them off. Ranbir one last asked Prachi if she doesn't want to meet her mother and Prachi said NO. They both then took Vikram's blessing and gave Aryan a hug and boarded the flight to start their NEW JOURNEY.

Precap: Life in the States.

PS: AbhiGya are not the villains in the story. It's only Prachi's POV.