Two

"James Potter," their fourth and final cabin mate introduces. 

James struts into the center of the cabin with two hefty bags on either shoulder. He radiates confidence, bordering arrogance, demanding everybody's attention the moment he steps into a room. Unkept, raven black hair lays atop his head, curling at the nape of his neck; it looks as if he's never brushed it a day in his life. He wears white shorts that stop at mid-thigh with a blue cotton t-shirt tucked into the waistband. Circular rimmed glasses frame his sun-kissed face, accentuating his hazel eyes that are bright with excitement. 

Everything about James reminds Remus of the jocks from school who find it a hobby to pick on him. He's inclined to dislike the boy, despite having just met. Luna would probably have a crush on him, though, Remus thinks. With a pretty face, million dollar smile, and the physique of an athlete, James appears to have everything going for him.

"Which bed is mine?" James asks.

"Uh, that one," Sirius answers, pointing to the bunk above Peter's.

"Brilliant." James eagerly climbs the ladder, plopping onto the thin mattress comfortably. He hangs his legs over the edge and swings them back and forth. "Are you guys new? I don't remember you from last year." The three boys nod in response. "Oh that's cool. This is my third year here." His gaze darts to each of them, desperate for conversation. 

When nobody says another word, James lets out a defeated sigh. He presses his lips together in thought as he thinks of a new topic to break the ice. The sound of a zipper rips through the air, catching his attention. James's eyes nearly pop out of their sockets when he sees what Sirius pulls out of his backpack.

"No way!" James exclaims. He wriggles his way under the railing of his bed and jumps onto the floor, immediately rushing to Sirius's bunk. He hops onto the ladder, popping his head up to get a better glimpse. "You like comics?" 

Sirius nods eagerly, pulling out the rest of the comic books he'd packed into his bag. "I collect them," he says.

"Wicked. Can I see?" 

James climbs the rest of the way up, causing the mattress to dip over Remus's head. Two pairs of legs appear over the edge of the top bunk. Dirty shoes with loosely tied laces swing causally as discussion of The Flash and Spider-Man ensue. The sound of their chatter livens up the room. Even Peter joins their conversation - apparently, his favorite superhero is Ironman. 

Remus pushes himself against the wall in his bed, feeling a tug in his chest. Just as he imagined - the boys would all become friends and once again, he'd be the outsider. 

He runs his finger over the smooth edges of the postcards, letting his mind wander to his best friend back at home. Luna's very similar to him, in many ways; she jokes that they're secretly the same person. If she were at camp, he's certain it would make the summer ten times more fun. But for now, postcards will have to suffice as means of communication. 

James's head appears upside down from the bunk above; his hair sticks out in every direction, much like a troll, and his glasses slide down the bridge of his nose. "Hey Re-moose, who's your favorite superhero?" he asks. 

Remus blushes at the mispronunciation of his name. "It's Remus, actually," he corrects. "And I don't have one." His bookshelf at home is filled with novels rather than comics. 

"What! You've gotta have one, mate."

"I guess Superman is cool." And the only superhero Remus actually knows. 

"You know, people say I kind of look like Clark Kent." Remus can't tell if he's joking or not. 

"They do not," Sirius mutters from above with disbelief.