Epilogue

They had asked me to live with them, but I declined. I told them I had somewhere else to be. It's been about ten years since my friends and I were out there surviving, and I'm still living at my survival house. I've never left, I never will. The house is in worse condition now. It has vines and moss on it, but our farm is healthier than ever, mainly because I refuse to kill any animals.

Every day, I go out and stare at my brother's grave. I stare at it almost all day. When I'm staring at it, I'm thinking about what I did wrong, why it was my fault he died, about why he had to kill himself to save us. I think, 'I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough to save you. It's not fair that you felt like you had to sacrifice your life to save us.'

My friends have never shown up. I've been waiting. I haven't seen other people since I went to my village and told them about my story. Today, I'm up on the hill, staring at Matthew's grave, when I hear footsteps in the grass behind me. I smile and say, "It's about time."

Thank you for reading book one: The Story of Legends. My friend and I would most appreciate you guys liking the story. This took him his whole freshmen year, so please like, comment, and even follow for more of The Story of Legends.

Thank you!