Chapter 4

America's POV:

It's dinner time and I have avoided Maxon all day. He and The king had a meeting this morning so he was only at breakfast the first few minutes I was there. I worked with Silvia all day planning the wedding so I had lunch sent to me. By the end of the day most of the crazy things are done so everyone is going to be at dinner. Tomorrow is Kriss's funeral so everyone has been down today. She was a good friend and I don't blame her for what happened with Maxon. She did nothing wrong, it was all me. I walked into dinner and took my seat. The queen turned to me before Maxon did so I started a conversation with her. "America? Are you feeling alright, you look a bit pale." Amberley asked concerned.
"Ya I'm fine! Just a little tired with all the wedding planning." Of course Maxon had been listening and jumped in.
"Ya you do look a little pale. Maybe I should take you to the hospital wing." 
"I'm fine Maxon!" I say through gritted teeth. All of a sudden Maxon yanks my arm and drags me into the hall.
"What is with you today!" Maxon asks
"Oh! I'm sorry I didn't know I'm supposed to be ok after the person I love almost proposed to someone else!"  Maxon's face went blank, I couldn't read it.
"Yo-you still love me?" I was about to answer but the room started spinning. I put a hand on my head and Maxon look at me concerned. "America are you ok?" Maxon asked but it sounded really muffled. The last thing I remember is Maxon's stong arms saving me from hitting the floor.

Amberley's POV:

Maxon screams for help and we all go running out to the hall to see Maxon on his knees holding America in his arms. "What happened?" I asked him.
"I don't know. She put a hand on her head and fainted."
"Let's take her to the hospital wing."
Maxon picked her up and ran her to the hospital wing. He looked so concerned. I know he still loves her and I know she still loves him they are both to stubborn to admit it to each other though. Maxon set her down on a bed and knelt down beside her. He held her hand and whispered something but I'm not quite sure what he said. The doctor came in and sent us out of the room. Maxon paced back and forth for 20 minutes before the doctor came out to get us. "Is she ok? Can I see her? How did it happen? What's wrong?" Maxon quickly asked. "Yes, she is ok. You can see her but she won't wake up probably until tomorrow. She fainted because of the stress she is under."
"This is all my fault!" Maxon blurted out
"No it's not Maxon don't blame yourself."
"If I had given her 1 minute. One tiny minute she would be ok!" He ran into the room and fell on his knees "America dear! I'm so sorry! All of this is my fault. I love you! Please be ok." He said tears dripping down his face. Maxon is not one to cry so he must really be hurting. I walk out to give him some time.
~3 hours later~
I walk to Maxon's room to see if he's doing alright but I should have known better. He wasn't in his room so I walked down to see him still sitting by America. "Maxon, you need to take a break."
"I can't leave her mom." He whispers
"So you still lover her?"
"I never stopped loving her!"
I sat beside him and pulled him into a hug.
"This is always gonna be hard Maxon. Your relationship with America has never been easy."
"I know." He hugged me tighter and let his tears fall.
"You should get some sleep." I tell him as I pulled away. He nods his head. "Goodnight mom."
"Goodnight" I kissed his head and turned to go back to my room.

Thank you so much @daugular01 for all the support! I am so excited to see where this story goes. Thank you for all the views too!
                    xoxo-Mads