(V) Always In the Middle of It

New interns are always introduced to Tony Stark's personal intern in a vague sentence, "When things start to go to shit he's always in the middle of it," and no more information passed that. It isn't until the new interns start to actually meet Peter that they realize how true that sentence is.

j @jack99
hey did anyone else at SI see that dude running with those papers...?

selene! @1starrynight1
First week at SI is... strange? Lets just say when someone is running with arms full of papers on fire you learn to take everything in stride...

Peter was having a terrible day. No matter what he was doing, it kept spontaneously combusting! He swears he isn't doing it on purpose! (Not today at least!) He started off in his lab with Mr Stark tweaking the web formula when it started on fire- that was the first of the day. After DUM-E got the fire under control, and Mr Stark laughed about it while tinkering on his new car, Peter was onto attempt two. It wasn't until after 5 attempts, all resulting in flames, did Mr Stark send Peter down to the intern labs to try something else and take a break from hazardous chemicals.

Now, he really wasn't trying to cause trouble- he's not even sure how he did it- but after going to the coffee machine to get a new cup considering it had been a long day, that too exploded into flames! The other interns laughed good-naturedly at Peter as he promised to build them all a much better one and restock their coffee supply. The head intern just ruffled his hair and sent Peter off to work on some paperwork when Mr Stark came on the intercom over FRIDAY asking if the kid lit something on fire for the 6th time today.

All the workers were having a great time lightheartedly bugging Peter about it, to say the least.

Peter, now on desk duty for the day while, according to Mr Stark, his 'bad karma levels out for the day, sorry kid, I'll buy your favourite for dinner tonight though.' Instead of being upset or embarrassed, Peter found himself more glad than anything. Trouble had been following him like a plague the past few days, whether it be today and the fire, or the robbery and getting shot, or the other day and getting kidnapped for ransom to Mr Stark, he really just wanted a day off.

So, while filling out forms about the logistics of new projects and doing a cost analysis of the SI new prosthetic line, Peter is extremely distressed to see a flame start to creep up the paper. Like the trained SI employee he is, Peter doesn't panic. Well, he does, but in a totally functional way. He quickly swipes the paper in the metal trashcan and lets out a low scream while running to the sink across the room to distinguish it. Today was just NOT his day.

Tony Stark ✔️ @iamironman
He's having a bad day
[video of a compilation of everything Peter had caught on fire today, time stamps on the bottom left of the screen. Peter's face is blurred out- all footage caught on camera by FRIDAY]

          ↪️ not an arsonist @TSintern

stop subtweeting me im having a crisis

j @jack99
just been told fire guy was Tony Starks personal intern. guess orientation didnt lie when they said hed be in the center of things when they go wrong

It isn't until later when Peter stares down Johnny Storm and Deadpool in the penthouse does he understand what was going on all day. "You two-" Peter starts before sighing loudly. "If you don't do it again you can have dinner with Mr Stark and me?"

The two don't end up staying considering Mr Stark finds out they were inside and FRIDAY allowed them due to Shuri bypassing the Tell Tony protocol to mess with Peter today because the day before he refused to change Shuri's contact from "Princess."

shuri supremacy @deadpool69
im sorry bb whyd you have to kick me out @iamironman

   ↪️Tony Stark ✔️ @iamironman

blocked.

        ↪️uh oh @deadpool69

(.﹒︣︿﹒︣.)

        ↪️Human Torch✔️@firestorm

ha loser imagine being blocked couldnt b me

             ↪️Tony Stark ✔️ @iamironman

blocked.

                     ↪️going dark✔️@firestorm

STARK WAIT NO IM SORRY

After about a month, things have calmed down, and what the internet has dubbed 'Fire Fiesta' has long since passed and Peter's work has not started on fire since. Tony, now having unblocked Johnny Storm due to business reasons, still has yet to unblock Deadpool, which to the amusement of the rest of the Avengers, has not yet stopped sulking about it.

The new interns got accustomed to Peter (who remains unnamed, most often referred to as 'The Kid', and sometimes Mini Stark to anyone below a certain clearance level or those Peter deems close friends as he does to the long-lasting interns). They soon learn that not only does Peter cause most large scale fuck ups, but he is often sent by Tony Stark himself to help clean them up when someone else messes up catastrophically.

Peter is there in the middle of a major set back on a medical drone, helping clean up code and calm down the frazzled university students. Peter is in the middle of teaching safety to the new interns the first time something starts on fire on their floor- he's a calm smile and a steady hand reminding them of SIs protocols. Peter is there on the late-night inventing sessions as the interns scramble for a new idea to show to their boss. Hell, he's even there in legal helping file paperwork and grabs a coffee while the legal and PR department slaves over a new avengers event they needed to control and release statements for.

Peter is there when Tony Stark is pitching new invention ideas to investors, helping run the hologram in the background and adding helpful comments to Tony's presentations. Peter is there in board meetings shadowing Pepper Potts with a boy named Harley Keener, helping Keener get a hold of SIs projects that he'll need to know about for when one day he takes over for Pepper.

And sometimes, lower-level staff will see Peter ('The Kid') in the lobby or lower floors, handing out free coffee to employees and smiling and chatting with anyone free, even going as far to help our on tours as a disembodied voice through FRIDAY to give the fear of god into disobeying tour groups.

After a few months, new interns smile when they hear of Peter's antics, and they nod at him in the hall, always making sure to get out of his way because more often than not, The Kid is an important time-sensitive matters, or is holding something highly reactive. Then when new interns are hired, and the previous batch of hired interns give the whole spiel about SI and what to expect, they always make sure to give a vague sentence about Tony Stark's intern, and how you can always find him in the middle of everything, helping out wherever he can.

im... a ghost story? @TSintern
who was going to tell me im the resident cryptid at SI or was i supposed to find that out myself while hearing new interns gossip about me?

   ↪️selene @1starrynight1

sorry to say, kid, but you are totally a ghost story until people meet you

   ↪️ paul @biomedsuperior

yeah lmao youre always a myth of fires and broken electronics for a while for any new employees

----

BuzzFeed

The Resident Cryptid of Stark Industry: Who He Is and Why He Is Iconic
everything you need to know about twitter's @TSintern and the chaos he causes within the tower

by Gwen Stacy
BuzzFeed Staff

💬View 4078 comments

-=-

Hello! Early update this week cause I felt like writing a day early!

Hope you all enjoyed it! (Also I turned 18 this week so YOOOOOOOO)

Have a great day!
-SecretsInMyHead