Cleric Beast (and more!)

I started this the moment ch3 was out. Kinda as a reward for my creative writing teacher liking my less fanfic writing. Who knew writing fanfic would make my writing skill improve?

Not beta-read, if you find any confusing ways of wording or misused words (EX: tails and tales) please tell me! I'm also writing this as a love letter to bloodborne itself. So be ready for some graphic scenes!

———————————————————

Izuku was kinda surprised when all of the mob were back to life as he traveled to the Cleric Beast. But the extra length and serration of the whip allowed him to shred through the hordes of half-transformed beasts with ease. His higher skill made combat seem slow against the mob. It increased his reflexes and control over his body. Though the mind-splitting headache coming from each kill made it hard to focus at times.

Looking at the moon, Izuku noticed it was still at the same point it was when he first got out of the clinic. The god's power that brought him to this land being used to seemingly freeze time was both worrying and scary to see.

When he walked under the arch separating him from Cleric Beast, it noticed him instantly. Its size did not portray its speed. With a simple jump, it closed the distance between itself and Izuku in seconds. Izuku, with his perception, slotted higher than ever dived under the Cleric Beast as it hit the ground. His body rolled on the pool of blood that was left of him from the first fight and he felt a surge of bloodlust. Quickly clicking the cane into whip mode, he swung at the monster's Achilles tendon, digging deep and causing a horrid roar of hate to bellow from the beast. With a quick rip, the whip came out of the leg and sprayed Izuku with blood. The frenzy he was going into went to eleven as he stabbed the cane into the beast's kneecap as it turned to face him. And with a rough push, a shard of bone broke from the beast's femur. As Izuku went for his cane's whip form again, he was raked across the chest as the beast's claws, as it jumped back in pain. The pain of the swipe pushed the boy over the edge as he went in again, this time while jabbing the blood vial into an artery on his leg and dumping more cursed blood into his veins. Closing his wounds in hardly a second, he whipped the beast's face with the whip twice in quick succession. Unlike the neck, the eyes were still vulnerable on the beast's boney head.

Izuku had to jump back as the beast barreled to where he was, cracking the pavement and letting out an ear-shattering roar as it wiped at him through bloodied vision. All he needed was a quick moment to attack, and he could hit its limbs to hopefully break them. Lifting his gun, he fired six rounds in succession into the beast's maw, cracking its skull and making it fall to its knees cradling its head.

Izuku, not one to waste an opportunity to hurt this beast, ran to its head and stabbed his cane through its jaw, and wrenched it out at an odd angle. The area around Izuku and Izuku himself was painted in blood and small chunks of flesh from force and angle caused the beast's jaw to crack in half and rip from the sinuous flesh of its head. Izuku's triumph of the wound he had inflicted on the beast caused him to not notice the Cleric Beast's claw swiping at him. The attack threw his small body across the bridge and into one of the walls. Shattering his vertebrae and most of his ribs.

Rule 1 of fighting Greater Beasts. ALWAYS focus on survival. Do not get greedy attack where you can without putting yourself in harm.

Izuku kept rushing the beast, anger at his failure the second time fueling him. Only the blind swinging of the whip and cane causes his third, fourth and, fifth death. So he went back to strategy. The book spoke of the much more breakable limbs of the Cleric Beast being its head and arms. Fighting the beast again and again taught him where to hit to cause the most damage.

In his twentieth attempt on the beast's life, he opened the fight with a Molotov to the beast's face. Instantly causing it to cradle its face, Izuku rushed in and jabbed his cane into one of its eye sockets and slammed his foot down on the handle, causing the beast's eye and parts of its head to come cracking from its skull. The sight of the beast brought more anger and disgust as he sliced ligaments and arteries on the beast. His once green hair that peeked from his hat was sodden and red. His eyes burned as sweat and blood trickled into his eyes, but he kept them open. A single blink and The Cleric Beast would be on him ripping his lungs out of his chest and cleaning his bones of meat. He swung the whip around the beast's larger arm and pulled the serrated blades dug as the whip pulled back to its master, only for the beast to grab the whip to try to keep him from pulling the meat off ITS bones. In response, Izuku drew his gun and fired all twenty shots into the beast's head. The bloodsoaked bullets shredded through the soft meaty inner tissue his cane had shown him earlier. Silencing the beast's final roar. It was... anticlimactic for Izuku. He wanted to have it live long enough to be just a skeleton held together by only small slivers of muscle and skin.