ch6 old Yharnam pt1

The art of quickening... One of the more useful hunter arts Izuku could have, but also one of the hardest skills to learn. The deaths Izuku had suffered due to it had been some of the more painful ones. An arm, phasing into a wall. An inch too close to a hit, tripping halfway and fusing with the floor. It reminded Izuku of one of the second, becoming third years at UA. Mirio Togata had the quirk Permeation, one of the cooler quirks... Other than the fact it caused his clothes to fall off. One mess up with quickening and he would phase into some material. Unlike the Permeation quirk, quickening didn't have the failsafe of throwing its user out of the material they phase into on accident.

Another difference between the quirk and the skill was that Izuku could still breathe while quickened. It had been during one of Mirio's interviews after the second year's sports festival. He had said that he couldn't see, hear, or breathe while using his quirk, which meant that every time he attacked, it was more prediction than anything. This, however, caused Izuku to have an epiphany. The hunter arts were almost like stronger versions of quirks in a way. Some of the skills, like quickening, reminded Izuku of quirks he had read up on in the past. Basic elemental control, phasing, precognition, enhanced body, hyper regeneration, healing. The only differences were the drawbacks. For a hunter, they were minimal or took lots of training to get used to the skill. But for quirked people. It took years to master or even get close to becoming proficient with their quirk. But here, Izuku was nearly at the skill level of a second year at UA with their quirk, with one of the more basic skills.

It almost felt like he was cheating. He theoretically had all the time in the world to get stronger. He wasn't aging, so if he escaped a hundred years from now, he could still be a hero... But, what is the time difference between this world and his own? Was it the same day; was it years into the future? If he escapes... will he ever see his mom again?

If it was not for Gerhman... Izuku would be so lost. When he walked out of the chapel and saw the porcelain faced... people? Izuku had no idea where to go. He had upgraded the sharpness of his cane and whip, as well as the caliber of his gun. And yet... he was fucking so confused. Cathedral Ward was a cluster fuck of chaos. It had the porcelain-faced people, these GIANT fuckers with axes eh would so be stipping down for metals, and the fucking crows and hunchbacks. OH! And some asshole giant with a GIANT FUCKIN BALL.

But that is neither here nor there. Thanks to some tips, and a map, from Gerhman. Izuku was on his way to Old Yharnam. Down a set of stairs. Through a small crowd of the mob and their demon dogs. And Izuku was in the Church. The only path down to Old Yharnam... however, a man was praying at an altar. Just outside the chapel. So in typical Izuku fashion, he walked up to speak with them... cautiously.

The man near-instantly heard Izuku's footsteps as he grew closer to him. Quickly he stood up and turned around to greet him. Whilst also taking a glance at Iuku's attire and weapons. "You're a hunter, aren't you?" He spoke with a voice much like that of a hero Izuku had researched once, quickly diverting his thoughts. Izuku responded with a quick, "O-Oh! Yes, I am a hunter."

The blond-haired man grinned happily at the answer, "I knew it. That's precisely how I started out! Oh, beg pardon, you may call me Alfred. A protege of Master Logarius, hunter of Vilebloods. So, what say you? Our prey might differ, but we are hunters, both of us. Why not cooperate, and discuss the things we've learned?"

"I... I don't see why not? I-I'm a bit new to Yharnam. Can you tell me anything important?"

The joyful grin only grew as they continued to speak, "Oh-hoh! Very good, very good indeed! Take this, to celebrate our acquaintance." In the man's hand was a coarse paper. A closer inspection of the course paper reminded Izuku of the sanding paper his dad had left at their home... as well as the unfinished toy he was making Izuku... But this paper reeked of burning and, he remembered reading about it in the books. It was fire paper! It worked like magic by rubbing a weapon in it. It set the weapon ablaze for a certain amount of time.