Alex

<Johanna's pov>

I sit watching the sun rise behind the empty skyscrapers.
The dew on the car roof seeps through my jeans. I sit tucked up in a ball with my injured leg spread out. last night my leg began to throb so I got up and fixed it up so it wouldn't get infected.

I have my bow sitting next to me just in case I'm approached.

"Is it safe to come out?" I'm startled by a deep voice and deep brown eyes,

"Y-Yeah your okay-right, just try not to t-touch the damp ground" I turn back to the sunrise.
There is an awkward silence as he sits to my right with his knees tucked up.
I hate the silence but it doesn't last long fore he wants to talk.

"How's your leg" he gestures to my left leg,

"It's okay" I nod, "It hurts but it's okay" I awkwardly smile at him,

"May I?" He points to my bandage, I frown at him.

"Why would you want to see my cut?" I ask a little annoyed,

"I don't want to look at it" he defends "I want to help you" he smiles at me,

"Okay" the boy leans down and loosens the bandage a bit and the pain in my leg lessens to just a dull throbbing.

"Better?" He asks, I nod in reply.

"What's our name?" I ask him, watching him curiously and growing more confident with him,

This is weird

"My name is Sam" he says not looking away from the sunset, he's lying, the way he rubs his nose and blinks really fast tells me he's is lying,

"Bull" I spit tilting my head back. He smirks then turns to face me,
"how do you know?" He pushes, he knows I know what he's doing,
"because one, your body language told me otherwise and two, you do not look like a Sam" I look him up and down, or in my case side to side, then smirked.
He is tall and has a wide shoulders.
He has short blonde hair that sticks up naturally and warm brown eyes.
"Come on, your name?" I look at him expectantly. With a sigh and a smirk he replies, "Alex".

"I like it" I smile at him being nice,

"I know" his smirk grew, trying to bruise his ego and his arm, I gave his left bicep a nice hard punch.

"Ouch" he frowns. Obvious that he didn't want to loose to a girl he grabbed both my hands from my sides and pushed me down so my arms are above my head, swinging his right leg over the top of me. Alex was leaning on my wrists and his feet so that the only part of his body that was touching me was his hands. "I would tickle you if it weren't for your leg," he laughed to himself, "just remind me to do it next time"

"If there is a next time" I smirked at him. With a flick of his hair he laid back next to me with his head in his hands.

"Don't worry Anna, I'll get you" he said, then waited.

"How the hell do you know my name?" I snapped suddenly realising, Alex just laughed a deep throaty laugh, waking everyone in the car.

"What the hell is going on out here?" Izzy spits sitting on the frame of the car window, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

"We are just talking" Alex smiles at her, giving her puppy dog eyes. Izzy looks at him for a second then breaks out in laughter, "what?" he asks, a little offended.

"Johanna doesn't talk to anyone" she continues laughing, Alex looks at me and smiles, giving me a wink.

"Alright everyone back in the car we need to keep quite till 10" I quickly say trying to hide my tomato red face.

"Aw cute she's blushing" giggles Sophie from the front car window.

"Get in the car" I hiss.

-----------------in the car------------------

"Okay this is the plan," I begin "at around 10 the electricity current in the ground will fade and we can then walk or drive to our next destination... got it" I ask taking charge for the minute just to make sure everyone stays safe.

"Got it" everyone respond in unison.

Sitting here looking at the crowd of people we have collected I begin to place people in there boxes.
Sophie is obviously the leader with the next in charge, Ashton.
Calum proved he had his medic skills last night by helping Charlie wake up and he fixed her poor head.
Then there is Izzy, I don't really know what her job is yet but I will figure it out.
Charlie and Charlotte can't really do much since they are only 12, but they are tough and know how to protect themselves .
And the newest of the newest Alex, he is a charmer and is a really good looking guy. he ran from a horde of zombies of course he's going to be muscly and his features have no parallel whatsoever. But sadly I don't think 'looking good' is a role in this gang.

"Anna, I'm hungry" Charlotte whispers in my ear, clinging to my arm. Since the moment I helped her and her sister, Charlotte has stuck by my side as much as she could.

"I will have a look in the boot for you" I smile down at her. Removing myself from Charlotte's side and opened the flap that covered the boot of the car, i find the groceries still in the car.

"Izzy did your mum go shopping?" I ask her still looking at the groceries,

"Oh yeah she did, hey, gimme something I'm hungry" she demands, trying to be funny, then sending the whole car into mumbles.

"Okay okay, there is enough food here for everyone" I say rummaging in the bags. I found multiple packets of tiny teddies, Oreos, and many different types of chips as well as soda cans and water. "was your mum planing a party?" I ask Izzy, she shrugs,

"You never know with my mother" she giggles opening a packet of Shapes.

We peacefully ate our snacks until I predicted it was midday.

"Alright, off to a grocery store for more food and last minute supplies then we will camp there over night" Sophie informs us turning the engine of the car on.

-------------------------------------------------

I know I know, ground me for a week, I'm slow at updating.

This chapter I just introduced the other characters a bit more.

Tell me what character you want to hear more about and I will write a chapter dedicated to them!!!

Hope you are enjoying this 😕...

xxxx