Pasts & People

Don't tell me about your problems,

                                                                if your not trying to solve them.

                                                                         - Jealous : Eyedress.

An just then, a side door opens.

With a loud grumble, the bewitched ceiling of the great hall erupts in a storm. In a swift motion it was gone, leaving everyone to look at a rather peculiar man standing in the corner. 

Allie noticed he had a glass eye, a few scars, and a good chunk of his face missing. Well he looks pleasant... Allie thought.

Then a man from the ministry of magic comes waltzing through, eyeing the students. Hermione and Allie just look at each other, no talk, just eye motions. Ron is sitting there confused as bloody hell of course, he's never really understood how Allie and Hermione could talk without speaking.

Harry and Ron are looking at each other too, Fred and George are a couple kids down the table. As the ministry man walks in, Dumbledore starts to speak again.

"Now, Hogwarts has been chosen to host this years annual Triwizard Tournament,"

"YOU'RE JOKING!" Allie heard Fred shout from down the table as he jumped from his seat.

"I'm afraid I am not joking Mr. Weasley, now as I was say-"

Allie hears cheers across the room. Fred and George are all riled up clapping and cheering. They must know a lot about this tournament. Then, BOOM! All heads turn as fast as they could leaning to the entrance of the great hall.

"Please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of Beauxbatons academy, and our first school competing in the Triwizard Tournament!"

Ron's mouth dropped. Allie was wondering how long it would take him to notice. The girls were in beautiful light blue, almost violet, uniforms with matching hats and dresses. One came in a fancy sparkling body suit, doing acrobatic tricks. They stopped their opening performance, and heads turned to the great hall entrance once again.

All heads except for Harry's.

He nudged her shoulder and pointed over to Draco. As he thought Allie would care that her best friend was staring at her.

Draco quickly looked away as he saw Allie make eye contact with him.

Sure the boys were enemies, but they've been taking it too far recently.  Almost as if they were trying to win at something.

If only Allie knew that something  was her.

-

After dinner, everyone was walking out of the Great Hall to the dorms. As the four friends were walking out, Harry pulled Allie aside, catching Draco's attention.

"Dase, we need to talk." Harry led Allie to the courtyard making sure no prefects or teachers saw.

It was time for everyone to resort to their dorms, but this couldn't wait till morning.

"Harry what are you doing stop pulling my arm it's going to fall out of it's bloody socket for merlin's sake!" Allie was desperately wondering when they would stop running away.

"Ok were good here." Said Harry sighing.

"Finally, now what is it that your so upset about? You've been off ever since I left to get Draco from the train." Allie questioned.

"That's the thing," Stated Harry. "Your always running off to grab Malfoy, hang out with Malfoy, visit Malfoy, talk to Malfo-" Harry was interrupted,

"Draco." Corrected Allie. "His name is Draco and you shouldn't keep fearing it.

"Scared of Mal- Draco? I could never." Harry sounded angry, almost hurt that Allie would say such a thing.

"Well your sure acting like it."  Stated Allie.

"Dase, why are you so attached to him?"

"Again with the Dase Harry? I seriously need an explanation why your acting like this, we just got here."

Allie looked away before Harry could get out a sentence. There he was, a tall golden haired boy, with a Hufflepuff uniform on.

"Allie?" Said the tall boy, rather handsome he was, built not scrawny. His muscles met his height, and a sharp jawline finished his face.

"Cedric? What are you doing here? I haven't seen you in forever!" But this time, Allie was not mad, instead she was happy. She ran to him catching him by surprise, jumping into his arms he wrapped them around her waist tightly. Hers around his neck as they shared a hug they haven't had in years. Leaving Harry to stand there awkwardly.

"Um Allie?" Harry was confused.

"Oh right! Sorry Harry. This is Cedric, Cedric Diggory."

Cedric went in for a handshake with Harry.

"Cedric, this is Harry Potter."

Cedric was stunned.

"The Harry Potter Allie? Your dating THE Harry Potter?" "You have changed since we last saw each other that's for sure."

Allie was taken a back, "Dating? Oh no Ced, we aren't dating, he one of my best friends."

Harry's face fell a little bit, deep down he knew he was hurt for was Allie just said.

"Oh terribly sorry for assuming," Said Cedric. "Wait best friend? What happened to Draco?" Cedric looked a little worried.

As if Harry wasn't standing there. Normally Cedric was very polite but the moment was unusual anyhow.

"No Ced, Draco is of course still my best friend. But I have to say, I'm surprised you even mentioned him, you weren't exactly great chums with him either" Stated Allie.

"Well to be fair, I've been gone for four years. So excuse me "the great Allie" if I've missed some things." Cedric said with a laugh in his tone.

"Love the moment Allie, really, but can I get some sort of backstory on this whole thing?" Harry asked still confused on who this boy was.

"I'm sorry Harry let me summarize, So my parents, Draco's dad, and Cedric's dad, all work in the ministry. Or some-sort of thing like that. We all kept running into each other at parties and functions. I always begged my dad to let me come, so I guess it worked out. We were the only kids our age at the get togethers. So with that in mind, being little kids, we would play together. Laugh, joke, and then we started to grow up. Cedric's dad left the ministry about our first year of Hogwarts. Draco and I knew each other before these functions though, being neighbors and all." She shrugged.

"So I guess your dad has returned to his job huh?" Allie turned to Cedric.

"Oh yes we just moved back for it. Might as well go to school here, I don't see us leaving any time soon." Cedric explained.

"Well that's great Ced! Not surprised your in Hufflepuff either." Allie was joking around, but she looked at Harry.

He was laughing. Allie still didn't understand the whole Harry thing, but she let it go, and he did too.

For now.

oooOooO spOokY! - Ben Barnes ✋😔
•𝕒/𝕟 , 𝕀 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕀 𝕨𝕒𝕤𝕟'𝕥 𝕒𝕤 𝕚𝕟𝕧𝕠𝕝𝕧𝕖𝕕 𝕚𝕟 ℍ𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕪 ℙ𝕠𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕒𝕤 𝕀 𝕒𝕞 𝕟𝕠𝕨. 𝕊𝕠 𝕀 𝕨𝕣𝕠𝕥𝕖 𝕒 𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕠𝕞 𝕝𝕚𝕗𝕖 𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪 𝕗𝕠𝕣 ℂ𝕖𝕕𝕣𝕚𝕔 𝕝𝕖𝕥'𝕤 𝕛𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕘𝕠 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕚𝕥•