Ch 8: I See The Light

Y/n POV  

Once again I had to go to Remedial Goodness. I was drawing a design plan for my future castle, mostly ignoring the lecture. This class was the bane of my existence for many reasons, but the most pressing one was because of who was in it.

Mal, the bitch who wants to kill me, and Jay, the guy who supposedly loves me and that I may be starting to like—Stop. Excuse me brain, I did not give you permission to think that thought. 

"Alright so who can tell me what to do with the suspicious vial?" Fairy Godmother asked. Nobody raised their hands or even looked like they were paying attention so she sighed. "Y/n, how about you."

"You turn it in to the proper authorities, either poison control or the police," I said without even lifting my head up. She clapped saying I got the answer right, not that I cared. The lecture went on and I started to notice a lingering feeling, like someone was watching me.

"It's Mal. She's glaring at the back of your head," Zanmi told me telepathically. I sighed inwardly and waited until Fairy Godmother gave us a break. Then I turned slightly in my seat and came face to face with a green eyed Mal. I smiled smugly.

"Can I help you, your highness?" I asked her with a little more sass than I intended. Her nostrils flared and she leaned forward in her seat. 

"I'm gonna expose you for the villain you are. Then I'll send you right back to the Isle," she whispered to me. I was about to remark when my head started pounding. 

She can't treat you like that...Give us her soul....Take it from her now.....

My hands started freezing over and my stomach lurched. I clutched my head, got up, and speed walked out of the classroom. If I don't leave now I might actually kill Mal.   

Jay POV

We all watched in confusion as y/n left the room. Harry went up to Fairy Godmother, asking to go after her. I immediately turned to Mal, as I had seen them talking, and questioned her.

"What did you say to her?" I hissed. She raised an eyebrow.

"Jay what's gotten into you? You know you're supposed to be on my side," she said. I controlled my temper and shook my head.

"Mal you can't antagonize her. Despite you two's past, what has she done directly to you that gives you the right to be malicious to her? You're acting like your mother Mal." She looked taken aback that I had said that but I didn't have time to worry about her. Harry wasn't getting anywhere with FG and I took it upon myself.

"Fairy Godmother, I'll go find her," I offered. That seemed to calm her fears and she nodded at me in dismissal. I ran out of the room and down the hallway. I didn't know where to start looking but I just followed my instincts and put myself in y/n's shoes. 

She didn't look physically well so she wouldn't stay on campus where people could see her being weak. The forest! I ran down the closest path that went to the forest and soon found footprints leading into the trees.