☹︎ chapter one ☺︎

。゚・ inure :accustom (someone) to something, especially something unpleasant. ⌇°⁾⁾

hwa's pov :

The day has come..., the day for me to graduate. I can finally run away from this hell hole, Just kidding. I wish. :(

I quickly washed my hands and fixed my robe, I grabbed my cap and put it on while walking out the bathroom. I sat back down in my designated seat, taking a deep breath and clapping for the person who just went up. I'm the last one, which means I have to give a few words.

"Jeong Kyung-Hwa, please come up and grab your diploma." The valedictorian announced.               

Well, that's me, I guess I have to go say my last words. Shit, I forgot to make a speech- . Fuck, I need to hurry. I walked up the aisle, everybody staring, I started to sweat. I reached the stage and saw the teachers waiting there holding out their hands.

I walked up the stairs with a nervous smile, I was trying to come up with what I would say until I finally reached the hands I dreaded to meet. I gave an awkward smile, shaking the hand of the college president with my right hand and receiving my diploma with my left.

I shook the hands of whoever was up there and grabbed my certificate by the mic. I tapped my fingers on the podium, me being nervous I smiled and stared at the crowd. I didn't know what to say so I just spoke off the top of my head. 

"Thank you, Mr.Choi, it's an honor to be able to grab this diploma and leave this shit hole you call school." Oh. My. God. I quickly looked at Mr.Choi and my jaw completely dropped. He looked at me with furious eyes as the crowd just laughed. I looked down and continued with my words.

"Haha, sorry I didn't mean for that to come out. I guess I'm just so excited to finally be graduating!" I made an excuse to cover up my language. "I want to thank everybody who helped me learn nothing- I mean achieve academic success." Fuck why did I stutter, come on Hwa just keep going. "Thank you for getting me to where I am today," I looked back at my teachers and principal with a nervous smile. He was plotting my demise, I could see it in his eyes.

"Good luck next year juniors, and as long as your desire to explore is greater than your desire to not screw up, you're on the right track.". I stepped down from the podium and made the way back to my seat. 

Everybody staring and me, laughing with me, probably laughing at me but I could give 0 fucks. I got back to my seat and sat down, my friends high-fiving me and whistling. Well, just 2 of my friends, I don't have many friends but I don't care at this point.

The ceremony was finally over and it was time to toss our caps. Everybody went over to the football field and stood in lines with their caps in hand. The College President counted down from 10 and when it finally reached 1, everybody tossed their cap in the air and cheered.

When the game of cap tossing finally ended all the kids went to celebrate with family. While I was in the bathroom on the phone with my cousin, I told him I would be there in 4 months since that's when we move into our dorms.

"Hey Jaehyun, graduation just ended, can I come over?" I asked hoping the answer was yes.

"Of course, did your parents not go?" He seemed worried. I on the other hand was gagging at what he just said. Oh and my parents? Fuck them, they never cared.

"Nah, it's all good though. I'll be there soon. Oh and are the boys there? I haven't seen them in a while." I only asked cause I heard screaming in the back.

He sighed "Yeah, they're here. I TOLD YALL TO SHUT THE FUCK UP-" He continued yelling at them while I just laughed. "Yeah, I'll be there by 6." I quickly ended the call and ran back outside, to my friends.

"Yo guys, I'm heading to Jae's place yall coming?" My friends were both dating Jaehyun's friends, the only reason I asked, if not I would be gone by now. They just nodded their heads and said bye to their families. I waited in the car since I left earlier and yes we all live together in a small apartment. "Aight hurry home so we can get changed," I told Mika, one of my friends. Shes actually from Japan unlike Suyeon.

"Hey Mika, how's Yuta doin'?" Suyeon, my other friend asked. "Uhm, I guess he's fine I haven't talked to him in a while." She scratched her neck.

“Yuta has been distant lately, I don’t know why,” Mika said nervously. “That doesn’t matter though, Let’s talk about how Hwa embarrassed herself in front of everyone at graduation!” My face turned bright red in embarrassment. 

Mika and Suyeon burst into tears of laughter. I was ready to fight them but I just sat there clenching my fist. I wouldn't fight them of course, I'm just too nice :) not.

After a long drive, we arrived at our apartment. I ran into my room and began searching for an outfit. I pulled out Blue jeans and a white shirt, Simple. I was about to put on my outfit but of course, Mika needed to come into my room “That’s what you are wearing…” Mika said with a disappointed look. I nodded. Mika shook her head and began to go through my closet. “What are you doing?” I asked her “I’m finding you a better outfit.” She said with a smile. 

At this point, I’m used to Mika doing this. She has been trying to get me to be more fashionable since we were children.

Me and Mika have known each other since we were donkeys in the womb. Our parents were friends so it was expected for us to be close. I sighed "Okay fine, you win." I raised my hands in defeat. 

"Mika, you seemed kinda anxious back there when Suyeon asked about Yuta, everything alright between you two?" I placed my hand on her back lightly taping for comfort. "Yeah everything's fine, why do you ask?" She grabbed a pair of pants from my closet. "I mean well, you seemed awkward when she mentioned him- did he do anything?" I grabbed the pants and threw them on my bed as she pulled out a shirt. 

"Uhm-actually, no not really." She started having a hard time breathing, I walked up to her and rubbed her back. "Hey, what's wrong, did I trigger something? Mika, I'm sorry, just take deep breaths." I tried calming her then she just started bawling her eyes out. "Woah okay, not on my bed-" I lightly slid her off my bed and sat next to her. What? I don't like when people cry on my belongings. :| "Mika if you don't tell me right now I'll stop using the clothes you give me." I urged since she was crying. 

"It's just- my cat died.." My face straightened. "You idiot! You scared me, I thought you did something stupid!" I scoffed. She's flooding over that? What a crybaby. "I- I'm sorry it's just that I loved that cat.."  She wiped her tears, sniffles coming out of her nose. "Anyways put the clothes on, I'll go get ready myself." She walked out with a tissue. I sat there pulling my hair in stupidity...