2 | Eritque arcus evacuatur - Black Lotus.

Damn. Another awfully boring day has begun. "Good morning sir Ackerman here is your tea," I say placing a white porcelain cup filled with black tea. I scowl at its color, I hated it. And so did my mother. Seeing the same dull colors around me every single day irritates me. This building was always filled with a dull atmosphere. My mother would've hated this place.

The dark-haired man gently adjusts his suit as he takes a seat on his modern-looking chair. I open my mouth to announce the time of his meeting but of course, he beat me to it.

"Tch. Let me guess, I have a meeting in 10?"

I sigh as I plop down on the dull-colored sofa. "Yes you are correct sir."

Though this place may be painfully boring something always catches my eye every time I step into the room. The black lotus placed on sir Ackerman's desk. Dark lotuses are fictional, they simply are imaginary. Despite how long I've been working with him I have never asked if the flower on his desk was real, I simply assumed that it was plastic.

That meaning behind this fictional flower did suit him a lot though. It meant having power and authority. If it was real, did he merely get it for aesthetic purposes? Such a rare flower. Is it the only one in existence?

Useless questions scattered in my head, though I tried my best to ignore them. But as these questions remain unanswered it will only prolong my curiosity.

"Tch."

I pop my head up as I hear a familiar clicking noise from the distance.

"It's 9:30 is it not?" He says as he raised a brow. He glared at me, sending daggers through my soul. Despite the amount times I have been working with him, that look never failed to send shivers down my spine.

I nod my head in response.

"How come you haven't reminded me about the meeting in 30 minutes?"

"Ah well you see sir, it seems like you were in a bad mood today. I planned on reminding you a bit later than usual" I say pursing my lips together. I wanted to be nice today but oh well, that doesn't seem to work. I guess if you're working in this busy atmosphere being nice -- or having pity rather--- wouldn't help at all.

"What makes you say that Ms. (Y/n)?"

The way he says my name makes me feel...weird. Not the 'I'm probably inlove' weird, just. Weird. He had been calling me my first name for the last two weeks, though I never questioned him because I should never question my higher-ups.

"Usually sir you'd greet me a good morning back, but you've been awfully silent today. And usually, you don't notice the time, it's quite different from how you normally act sir."

"I could say the same to you" he stated.

"Excuse me?" I told myself not to question my higher-ups but, I didn't understand his reply, he could say the same to me? I don't think I'm in a bad mood..Am I?

"That expression of yours." He sighed. "You always scowl at me, isn't that quite disrespectful? Especially when you're frowning at your boss." he crosses his arms.

"O-oh? Come again?"

Scowling? At him? Sure, I always had a rather foul gaze, but it was never directed at him. But even if I did scowl at him, Sir Ackerman always had thick skin, I don't know why he'd be so worked up about my foul look. He'd receive countless negative comments from the internet yet he doesn't seem to mind, why would he be upset at me?

"Did I stutter?" His dull eyes pierced through mine.

"It's because you're a black lotus."

The black lotus. A flower that signifies everything that is opposite to the bright and radiant ones. A symbol of authority, power, and sophistication.

Why am I here? Why do I work for this man? I became the opposite of what I wanted to be. How could a bright and cheerful person suddenly become so dull, so unhappy? As if a rainbow is fading away.

His gaze went towards the dark yet breathtaking flower. "A black lotus you say..?" he hummed as he straightened his tie. "I see."

He walks towards the glass door, urging me to follow him. And so I did.

...

After the storm, the sun appeared and the stormy clouds vanished, settling down for calmer weather. Yet I looked up the sky to see no rainbow, instead, it was replaced by a hyacinth flying around.

It was separated from a bouquet, wasn't it?