006.

ACT FIVE: SET ONE: NUISANCES

Y/N WALKED TOWARDS her store, going to open it for the day, and ignoring the smokes and loud-mouths lingering in the street. She was late today, she couldn't care less since she rarely has customers. However, being late wasn't something she tolerated, but she didn't mean to. Something about the encounter left her confused and afraid. The man she met wasn't a creep but... listening to him last night and hearing that he'd meet with her this day gave her shivers. When her mind reminded of her encounter, her heart stung and she'd wrapped her arm around her stomach.

She also couldn't sleep well last night after her encounter with William. He had made her into a nervous wreck, but now was not the time to fret over that. She had a shop to work in.

She took out a silver-colored key from her purse and unlocked the door. The door opened with a small 'click' sound, but then someone behind her covered her eyes. From the size of their palms, it was probably a man. Y/N could hear familiar giggling. Behind the hands, she rolled her eyes and smirked.

"Good morning!" The man chirped.

Y/N let out a sigh. "Good morning." She responded, yawning.

"Guess who?" The male playfully asked.

"Hm... are you Joseph Jofart?" Y/N replied, trying to sound eccentric.

The male pouted. "Nope, guess again!" He answered.

Y/N sighed again. "Stop it Joseph, I have a store to open!" Y/N mumbled, attempted onto removing the gigantic hands covering her sight yet failed to since Joseph had more strength than she had. "You're squishing my eyeballs!" She yelled.

"Tch... you're no fun Y/N!" He murmured along with a groan before he retracted his arms.

"Thank you." Y/N said, looking at the tall man-child behind her. She could have called him a man if he wasn't so childish. It was the one and only Joseph Joestar. He moved here a few months ago, Y/N had met him through her neighbor Smokey. Joseph was an interesting fellow; he was fun, lovable and a huge goofball without a doubt, and sometimes he was annoying. Annoyingly arrogant.

"You're late today." He said, folded his arms and raised a brow. "It's not you to be late."

That remark of Joseph sent her memories of last night and obviously didn't make everything better for her. For that, she wanted to mouth off Joseph but she knew too well that it wasn't in Joseph's intention to know what happened last night.

She pushed her hair back, the heaviness in her lower eyelids remained. "I couldn't sleep too well." She replied, shuddering a bit.

Joseph noticed her discomfort. "Did someone hurt you? If they did, I'll beat' em up for ya!" He said showing off a few punches.