008.

ACT SEVEN; SET ONE: A FAMOUS SINGER

"SO WHY DID YOU CALL US, OLD MAN?" Joseph spoke, curious to where he and the other two had planned ongoing. The day had already finished its job and so let the night do its own. The air when the night has fallen usually becomes frigid and quick to sting one's bare skin. But it wasn't the main problem for Joseph or his companions, it was where they were going. The only thing about this he knew was that Speedwagon called him and Caesar, and this-as the old man stated-is an important meeting.

Speedwagon briefly glanced behind him. "Remember the fight you had with those men?" He asked.

"The drunk men or the sleazy masked men?" Joseph tilted his head. From what it sounded like, JoJo was making a joke but in truth, his question was genuine.

Silence invaded their conversation then fled after Robert took a moment to process what Joseph had asked. "The-The masked men." stuttered Robert. "Caesar and I talked about this earlier and we agreed on one thing, JoJo."

Joseph furrowed his brows and scowled. "Wait, how come Caesarino and you get to talk without me?-"

"The thing is, JoJo, those masked men's powers are far beyond our hamon skills. And those rings of yours aren't going to delay your funeral." Caesar said, facing Joseph from his side. Joseph gulped, that disturbing moment when the two mysterious men placed their rings inside his body resurfaced in his mind as soon as Caesar mentioned the rings. "That's when I remembered I had someone to teach me about hamon and maybe we can stop those mafiosos in time."

Joseph's eyes bounced at his surroundings: darkness won over the towering buildings, the people walking by, and the fewer bars and shops established across this street-and only posts and the light visible through the windows showered warm glow on several spots. All of what he saw didn't arouse 'a hamon teacher nearby'. "So where is this teacher you're talking about?" He asked.

"Well, my mentor doesn't stay in one place-except for their home obviously. They work from place to place." Caesar explained.

Joseph nodded, yet from his wrinkled expression, he still seemed confused. "The only thing that is coming to my head is a singer." He shrugged.

His blonde friend nodded. "You nailed it right in the head."

"That's what Abel said before he died," Joseph smirked.

Caesar glared. "He died from a rock that his brother Cain whacked on his head, not a nail."

That cheeky smirk on the Englishman vanished. He lowered his gaze on his shoes and once his face lit up with something flickered in his mind, he stared back at Caesar. "I guess we could say the rock CAIN kill him." Joseph joked, letting out a snicker afterward. As for his Italian friend, his hand slapped on his face, and groaned low.