home is where they say the heart is (mine's buried in the yard)

when life bloomed in the barren land called the earth, the celestial beings were at peace and their children prospered with harmony and order.

there was the sun and the moon. day and night. hot and cold. light and dark.

there was balance.

but like any other story, chaos disrupted that balance, tipping the world over its edge.

the sun thought of itself and its children as superior beings and so, desired full, unshared power over the north and south and anything that sees the light of day and the black of night.

in order to take that power, war must take place.

the moon was furious and cunning. it knew of the strength the sun has with fire running in its veins and the dauntless brawn of its children.

it did not desire violence but bargain. an accord.

yet war was inevitable.

the sun, with its huge army, came with blazing fire and roaring hearts to ambush the unsuspecting moon clan. or so they thought.

what the moon and its children lack in strength, they are abundant in wisdom and guile.

on a fateful day, the moon clan met the force of the sun tribe with equal fervor, creating machines of war to outsmart and overpower the might of the enemies.

the war lasted for continuous days and nights, through heat and cold. not one surrendered even when bodies littered the soil and warm and cold blood splattered in the expanse.

madness danced in the air, walked in the earth, and swam in the sea.

mountains fell, the skies cried, and the world was engulfed in both fire and water.

amidst it all, the very soul residing within the world and binding the beings to life felt the disruption the two sides have provoked.

it felt itself losing its beauty, crumbling to pieces, threatening extinction, and nearing its own demise.

the soul became angry and in an attempt of self-preservation, it bellowed deep from its pits and split the world cleanly into half.

the soul separated the battling tribes and ended the war destroying the very earth.

and so one side became dark, cold, and tranquil while the other bright, warm, and restless.

the two tribes were never permitted to enter the other's domain, an empty space lingering between the two sides.

the feud and rivalry continued and may never stop till the end of time.

however, the soul sensed the longing of a few offspring of both sun and moon and grew sad. it seems like despite the bad blood, there are still traces of what once was peace between the sun and the moon.

heart kind and forgiving, the soul took pity on the members of both tribes and created a bridge in the vast nothingness connecting north and south.

from that day on, every half of a decade, the world forces the sun and moon to meet on the central bridge, a veil of connectedness, opening the barriers from both sides. this phenomenon is known as an eclipse.

rules have been established that not one being is permitted to cross the bridge completely and go to the opposite side for disaster and hatred for each other still controlled the minds of most beings.

the eclipse lasts for 77 minutes and if one is not able to get off the bridge by the time it ends, they will be stuck in time and space until the next eclipse.