CHAPTER 10

I licked my lips and my mind ran marathons in my head.  

"Uh, well..."

As I stuttered, her eyebrows raised higher. I saw this and winced, what was I expected to say? 

Ah, well I mean you know that one guy who landed you in the hospital? Yeah, I killed and maybe tortured him and then buried him in his backyard before coming here. 

"Griffon, I don't know what it is that you did, but I want you to know that not much would actually deter me from being around you. Trust me."

Her words put me at ease before I immediately tensed up again. When saying that, she probably hadn't considered murder. She saw my hesitation and smiled. It was a gorgeous smile that had my heartbeat accelerating. Raven stroked my head and leaned close to my ear as she whispered.

"Oh, you did something bad. Didn't you?"

I flinched, and she smiled wider. I didn't get it, why was she smiling? She knew I did something bad, and yet that grin made it seem like she liked that. My thoughts were interrupted by her speaking again.

"What'd you do, Griffin? Did you threaten? Did you scare? Did you... murder?"

Her tone became increasingly light and gentle, but her words gradually increased in intensity. She started to stroke my cheek, before lifting my chin so that I looked her in the eyes. Her eyes were slightly bent and soft as she gazed at me. I became increasingly more comfortable and sighed.

"Dead... He's dead... I did it..."

I waited for her to get scared, to back away from me, and ultimately leave me. Like the others before she had. Like I knew they would. Instead of doing that, however, her eyes twinkled. I didn't know eyes could do that, but hers did. They were the most gorgeous pair of blue eyes I had ever seen, icy like the arctic ocean. 

"Awe, how sweet. You did that just for me, right?"

My eyes opened wide. She had just called it sweet, right? That wasn't in my head, my imagination running wild? 

"Wha- you, you mean that? You do know I just killed him though, right?"

"Of course, I understand why you did it. He hurt me, right?"

I nodded dumbly and smiled out of relief. I leaned my forehead on her and sighed. 

"Oh thank god you don't hate me. I don't think I'd be able to handle that. You're really important to me you know? I'd hate it if you ran away because of that, you probably wouldn't have gotten far though. I wouldn't let you go, you'd be stuck with me. I'm sorry Raven, you found a crazy guy."

Raven laughed a little and laid back down into the bed. 

"If I can't leave you, then that means that you can't leave me either okay? No matter what I do, no matter how much you hate me, you will never be able to get rid of me."

The words left me feeling ecstatic, but cautious. Was she telling the truth? Was she... like me? 

"Hey, Griff?"

My head snapped up and I automatically replied.

"Yes?"

Her eyes darted around and for the first time, I saw her nervous. It was honestly adorable too. She played with her fingers a bit and glanced at me while she opened her mouth. 

"I- well, uh. So. I-" 

She took a deep breath and showed a determined face.

"I like you, a lot. I don't see you in the way you probably see me. It took a trip to the hospital to finally realize that, and I don't want to live with the regret of never telling you."

My face broke out into a big, cheezy smile. I stood up and leaned over to kiss her. Her lips were soft and a bit chapped but tasted sweet. I backed up a bit to gauge her reaction but was suddenly pulled into another kiss, this one more aggressive than before. I returned her passion with my own. 

I licked her lips, slipped my tongue into her mouth, and explored inside. Her tongue intertwined with mine and we battled for dominance. Her soft moans spurred me on as I gradually sat on the bed and sat her in my lap.

My hands roamed over her body and eventually settled on her lower back. 
Raven eventually leaned back and her chest heaved as she gasped for air. I admired her watery eyes and cloudy expression and gave into the temptation to bite and suck at her neck. She tilted her head to give me better access and ran her hands through my hair. 

Raven weakly pushed at my chest and I reluctantly let her down after another playful nip at her collar bone.

"I... I didn't hear your response. Even though I can already guess it."

I thought for a moment before I realized she was right. I looked at her warm blue eyes and enunciated each word.

"I love you, my Raven."

She smiled and kissed me again.