CHAPTER 7

It all started that one day. It was ordinary, like any other. Except for the fact that Raven was going to go out with some of her coworkers after work. She never hung out with anyone besides me and only mentioned her best friend Molly, who I'd never met before.

It pleased me to know that I was somebody special in her life, one of her only friends. It gave me a sense of superiority when I faced other people who knew her as well. Strange, I know, but it did. So when she said she was going to hang out with some people at a bar and grab drinks as well, I got insanely jealous. My haughty thoughts disappeared and I had to face the question I had dismissed for way too long.

Did I like Raven Sensaker? Hell, did I love her? All of the signs of me liking someone were definitely there, but they seemed like they were much stronger than usual. So that meant it was love, which was stronger than like, right?

These thoughts swirled around in my mind like a storm throughout the day and into the night. I definitely wanted to be special to her. I wanted her to rely on me, and only me. I wanted her to need me, I needed her to need me. My other girlfriends I had thought of was someone I just seemed to like, my possessiveness was something more to do with my pride as a man than actually wanting them as an individual. Raven? I needed her, not just wanted her. Nobody to distract her from me or threaten to take her away from me. 

I reached that point and finally figured it out. 

Oh, that makes sense, I love her. 

It was very anti-climatic, I know, but that's really what happened. Everything clicked like a puzzle, but rather than feeling relieved I felt stifled. What was she doing now? She mentioned that there were going to be guys too, would they be hitting on her? Well, obviously they would be. Would she go home with them? 

My teeth clenched at the idea. I didn't like it. That wasn't allowed. 

I was restless. I needed to breathe, but I couldn't. Not without her, it hurt, my chest. 

I stood up and walked to the fridge and opened it up. Not because I was hungry, I just needed something to do. I looked around, grabbed a few things, and started to make something. I settled for some stirfry and as I mixed the rice in, I wondered if Raven would be hungry after the bar. Would she end up eating with them somewhere after? 

I sighed again but made a bit more stirfry just in case she actually was hungry. I scooped it into a bowl and sat down on the sofa. As I watched cringy TV shows I thought.

God, what is wrong with me? Why am I so restless? 

That was a stupid question, I already knew why. I laid down on the couch and closed my eyes, and before I knew it I was thinking about her. Raven tossing back a witty remark, Raven rolling her eyes at my behavior, Raven rubbing her eyes after she woke up. Slowly but surely, my thoughts went deeper.

Raven draped on me when I woke up, sitting her on my lap and kissing her, pressing her up against the wall. And then they went darker.

Chaining her up to my bed, locking her in my apartment, making her cry, killing anyone who made her cry. 

My phone ringing woke me up, I hadn't even known I was sleeping. I picked it up without looking and answered.

"Hello?"

There was a pause and then I heard her voice.

"Hey Griff, can you pick me up? Please?"

She sounded uncomfortable, I was immediately up and running around. I grabbed my jacket, wallet, keys, and shoes and booked it. Asking questions along the way.