Chapter 12 - Green Bamboo Wine is fragrant, Gu Master flaunts power

“Right now everything comes down to the Flower Wine Monk’s treasure. If I can find it, all my problems will be solved. If I don’t find it, all these issues will greatly slow down my speed of cultivation. If that happens I’ll lose out to people at my age in cultivating. I don’t understand! I’ve spent more than a week trying to attract the Liquor worm to appear, why do I still not see it?”

Fang Yuan frowned and racked his brains. It was like putting food into his mouth, but still not knowing how it tasted (1).

Suddenly there was a loud noise, interrupting his thoughts. Fang Yuan looked at the direction of the sound, realizing that the 6 hunters seated around the table at the middle of the hall were heavily drunk. The atmosphere around them was fiery and their faces were all red.

“Brother Zhang, come, drink another cup!”

“Old brother Feng, we brothers admire your abilities! You took down a black skinned wild boar alone, what a man! This cup of wine you must drink, or else you’ll be disrespecting us!”

“Thank you brothers for your sincerity, but I really can’t drink anymore.”

“Brother Feng can’t drink anymore, perhaps you dislike this wine because it’s not good enough? Waiter, come over! Give me some good wine!”

The noise was becoming louder; it was obvious that the group had drunk a lot. The waiter hurriedly went over and said, “Well good sirs, we do have good wine, but it is quite expensive.”

“What, you’re afraid we won’t pay up?!” When the hunters heard the waiter, quite a few of them stood up and stared at the waiter. They were either big and tall or thick and burly in stature, capable and vigorous in a threatening manner, each having the courage that mountain men possessed.

The waiter quickly said, “I would not dare to look down on you brave men, it’s just that these wine is really expensive, one jar costs 2 pieces of primeval stones!”

The hunters were stunned. 2 primeval stones was definitely not cheap – It was the sum of 2 months of the normal average household monthly expenses. Even though hunters earn more from hunting when compared to ordinary mortals, like how some times a black skinned wild pig could be worth half a primeval stone. However hunting was risky and a mistake could turn the hunter into prey.

To the hunters, using 2 primeval stones just to drink a jar of wine was just not worth it.

“Is there really such an expensive wine?”
“Boy, you aren’t trying to lie to us right?”

The hunters were shouting about, but their voices felt a little timid, unable to back out of the situation with grace. The waiter kept telling them he wouldn’t dare.

The hunter called brother Feng saw that the scene was not right, and he hurriedly said, “My brothers, let’s not spend anymore. I can’t drink anymore, let us drink this wine another day.”

“What, you can’t say that brother!”
“This is…”

The rest of the hunters were still shouting, but their voices started to fade away. One by one they sat back in their seats. The waiter was also a shrewd person. When he saw this, he knew that he was not able to sell the wine any more. However this situation hardly surprised him. As he was about to retreat, a young man’s voice came from the table at the dark corner. “Hehe, hilarious. Each one of them blindly shouting for nothing. If you can’t afford to buy wine, you should just obediently keep your mouths shut and go to the side!”

When the hunters heard this, one of them immediately retorted in anger, “Who said we can’t afford it? Waiter, bring over that jar of wine, I’ll give you the stones, two pieces of it!”