1

Once upon a time, there was a tragic vampire by the name of Foederis Heu Taciti. He lived in a gothic palace with is fiance, Pulchritudo (also known as Pulch), a human girl who ran away from her worries.

One morning, Pulch was woken up with a kiss on the forehead from Foederis' cold lips. "Morning, darling." Foederis said with his deep raspy voice.

Pulch rolled over and looked at the beautiful man laying next to her. "Hey!" Pulch said with a smile and gave Foederis a peck on the cheek. She looked at the clock. "How long have you been awake for?" She asked.

Foederis let out a little chuckle. "A few hours. I didn't want to wake you, but I thought it was getting a little late. And I have a surprise for you." He said while changing out of his pajamas and into an old suit he got almost a century ago.

Surprised with Foederis' outfit choice, Pulch said, "Well if you're going to look so snazzy for our whereabouts today, then maybe I should change into something more formal than my pajamas."

Pulch pulled out her recreation of an old edwardian dress that she saw in a photobook belonging to Foederis' mother. To give her own spin on the look, she tied a black leather corset over top and added some jewelry.

Pulch walked down to the library to meet with Foederis. He gawked at her, barely spitting out, "You look magnificent, darling."

"As do you, kind sir." Pulch exclaimed while curtsying.

Foederis took Pulch to the place where they first met. A lake that's found deep in the woods of their backyard.

Pulch and Foederis take their shoes and socks off and dip their feet in the water. Foederis looked up at Pulch with a glitter in his eyes.

"Do you remember the first time we saw each other?" He said, thinking about what their lives used to be.

Pulch replies, "Of course. You were on the opposite side of the river, and we were looking at rocks. You look up at me and ask 'What's Pyornkrachzark's favorite horror movie?' And I replied with a shoulder shrug. You answered, 'Rocky Horror.'" Pulch and Foederis start laughing.

Foederis says through his chuckles, "I was lucky enough to find someone who's seen both 'The Never Ending Story' and 'Rocky Horror'. I had been waiting to tell someone that joke for months."

Pulch had a puzzled look on her face, "How did you know that?"

"I've told you that I can read the minds of people... but there's another thing. I can read every thought a person's brain has to offer." Foederis replied. He didn't make eye contact with Pulch from how ashamed he was.

Pulch put her hand on his cheek, "I love you. No matter what. Also, if you made that joke yourself, it's genius."

They both laugh so hard that they lose their breath.

Pulch bent down to pick up a rock from the lake floor. When she turned back around to look at Foederis, he's on one knee holding a ring.

Foederis said, shaking with anxiety and excitement,"I... I... had some big speech planned. But I forgot it. So I'll just say what I'm thinking. I love you so much. You're as important as the air that I breathe. Will you... um"

"Of course." Pulch fell into his arms and kissed him passionately.