4

Most of Pulch and Foederis' foreseeable weeks were filled with planning the wedding. They planned their wedding to be intimate - just the two of them and the pastor. They wanted to keep their marriage on the down-low. They also had no one to invite.

Foederis' parents died centuries ago, and Pulch's family and friends disowned her after she told them she was Bisexual.

The day before the wedding, Pulch looked in the mirror and noticed how pale she was. She didn't feel ill, so she didn't worry.

Foederis noticed and asked, "Are you feeling ok? You look a bit peaky."

Pulch nods her head. "Of course I am. Maybe I'm just having wedding jitters." She chuckles.

The wedding went a lot faster than the couple thought. They walked out of the chapel with the biggest smiles on their face. Although, Pulch's symptoms seemed to be getting worse.

Foederis ran to the pharmacy to get medicine. He didn't know what to get, so he almost got one of everything that might help.

While at home, Pulch layed down on the sofa with two blankets on top of her. All she could hear was ringing and all she could see were shadows

When Foederis finally got home, he ran to Pulch's side. He could sense how weak her pulse was from outside the front door. He sits next to her on the sofa and held her hand. "Pulch, can you hear me? I'm going to call the doctor. I need you to stay awake for me, ok"

Pulch opened her eyes and whispered, "Foederis?"

Foederis got really close to her and said "Hon, I'm going to run to the phone in the corner of the room and tell the doctor to get here as fast as he can, ok? Just stay awake."

Foederis quickly ran to the corner of the room, dialed the number, and called the doctor. Pulch did her best to stay awake, but she was really struggling.

A few moments later, there was an urgent knock on the door. Foederis frantically ran to the door and let the doctor in. When the doctor entered the room, his face grew long.

Hearing the doctor's thoughts, Foederis knew that Pulch didn't have long.

The doctor pulled Foederis aside to talk to him in private. The doctor said, "I can't figure out what's going wrong. She doesn't seem to have much time left. A few hours at most. I'm really sorry, sir."