First date

Lan Xichen, who he had a crush on since seventh grade, had asked him on a date. Yes, since seventh grade. No matter how hard he tried he could not get rid of his feelings. They increased instead. And he did not know what to wear.

Xichen and Wanyin were no strangers. The former being the older brother of Lan Wangji aka Wei Wuxian’s latest obsession so they met quite a few times. Plus he knew his fair share of Lan Xichen's likes and dislikes through Nie Huaisang whose elder brother,Nie Mingjue, was the Lan's closest friend. Not to mention the countless times his eyes would follow the others every move at the cafeteria or the library-

Anyways back to the matter at hand. Xichen wanted to surprise him so he did not know where he would take him and despite all his knowledge about the older he had absolutely no idea where he usually takes his dates.

He felt like an idiot for not at least asking for a hint. But could you blame him? He was too distracted by lan Xichen's breathtaking smile and the fact that he even asked him on a date, him. The hot tempered, always second best Jiang Cheng when he could get anyone. Someone better.

He quickly shook his head to get rid of those dark thoughts before they could consume him. He promised his siblings that he would get better, that he would be happy.

"A'cheng! Are you ready for your da-?," Wei Wuxian stopped midsentence when he saw the pile of clothes scattered on the ground and on the bed. "Oh didi, you don't know what to wear, do you? Don't worry Xian-ge is here-"

"Who asked for your help?! And how do you even know about the date?"
"I know everything," Wei Wuxian answered smugly. "Are you saying you know what to wear?"

"I-

"Wear the dark purple button up shirt A'jie gave you and a pair of black skinny jeans along with that jacket," his brother told him while pointing towards a simple black jacket with an abstract and colourful design on its back.

" Good luck and don't do anything I wouldn't do!," Wei Wuxian grinned at him and walked away before he could say anything. More like don't do anything he would do, Jiang Cheng snapped in his head

Jiang Cheng had to admit, his brother's sense of fashion was good. Those clothes would look good together. He hastily started getting ready and by the time he was finished it was 11:15. He still had about 15 minutes before Lan Xichen came to fetch him. Knowing if he stayed alone just staring at the mirror he  would start overthinking things again, he went outside.

His sister was watching TV when she spotted Wanyin. She softly smiled up at him.

"You look great A'cheng," She said reassuringly. Which, as always, helped calm his nerves. "Thank you A'jie." Just as she was about to reply the doorbell rang, instead, she smiled encouragingly.

He wiped his sweaty hands on his pants and made his way to the door.
He took a deep breath
I can do this I can do this i can d-

Lan Xichen looked absolutely gorgeous in his white T-shirt and pale blue cardigan. Jiang cheng couldn't stop staring.
"You look stunning, Wanyin," the older said with a smile so bright the former almost got blinded. Unbeknownst to him under that calm exterior all Lans seemed to have Lan Xichen was in a similar state as him. Oh my god he looks so good in purple.

"Y-you too," shit why did he have to stutter?! But thankfully the older beamed impossibly brighter at him. Jiang Chengs heart thundered in his chest. How can someone be so beautiful?

"Shall we go?," the lan extended a hand towards him. Without thinking the younger immediately grabbed his hand and as if God decided that his beauty was not enough he even had smooth hands with no trace of calluses. The hands of a musician.

First Date [Xicheng] जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें