I Hate Him

It wasn't until they sat down at the restaurant did Mikasa finally speak. "So, what are you going to order?"

"Hm?" Jean answered as if he had just been awoken from a heavy daze.

"You know, food? I've heard this place has wonderful pasta"

"Oh, um, right." Jean straightened up in his chair and brushed his hand through his fine copper hair. "I think I am going to have the 'Gnocchi di semolino,'" He added with a bad French accent, his normal smirky attitude just returning.

"As tempting as this all sounds, I think I may just get a salad, I can't let myself get too out of shape, I mean, I don't think I've gotten any real exercise since Wall Sina was reclaimed!"

"Whatever you like, Mikasa.

"So, um," He tried to change the topic, "Do you still see anyone from the Scouting Legion?" It was a stupid question, since they all went to college together, and naturally, would see each other. Jean, however, did not go to college with them. He went to a private school, just a few miles down the road. His father had gone there as well as his great grand father, and he hadn't wanted to ruin the tradition by going to some low class public college. It had made him a little sad, though, to leave all his newly made friends for the stuck-up school.

"Yes, quite often actually. I share a dorm with Annie, and Armin and Eren are just across the hall, in the boys' dorms, so we do hang out a lot. As for Levi and Irwin, well I know Irwin coaches the Mens' Basketball team, they haven't lost a game since he started. Oh, and Hanji just applied for the chemistry position, but I don't know about-"

"Levi." He finished, "Oh Levi, he's the one person I do know about," he continued with a pitying shake of his head. "You know, he could have gone on to do great things, I hear the government even offered him a spot as top military chief, but no. Not for him I guess. Instead he insisted on becoming Head of the Sanitation Department, or, in other words, a top notch garbage man, but I mean, the city's never been cleaner!" He chuckled a little bit at his own joke.

Mikasa on the other words, was not laughing. "You know, that guy gets on my nerves. He was always such a short freak, always hanging aroung MY Eren. (**Cough cough, hmm wonder what they could have been doing**)Levi treated him like some kind of dog, I mean, he kicked two teeth out of him! And-"

Jean cut her off. "Personally," He said with a bit of a sneer, "I think Eren deserved everything he got. I mean, how else was he going to help us with out having a bit of, now I know this was obviously remote to him, but you know, self discipline."

"You know what Jean, you're the jerk! All you ever did was make fun of Eren! You have no idea what we've been you, him and I! We watched are mother get eaten by a beast. Right. In. Front. Of. Our. Faces. You have no idea what that's like. You know, maybe you should have just joined the Military Police, then maybe Marco would have followed you like the little dog he was and wouldn't have died," Mikasa raged, her voice getting louder and louder with every word, untill all the surrounding tables were staring at them. And with one last click of her tongue she stomped out the door.

Jean's face turned bright red, half in anger half in embarrasment. Everyone knew Marco was Jean's soft spot, so to bring it up made him want to cry. If only she knew the real reason he hated Eren.

Eren treated Mikasa like dirt. It was plain as day how much Mikasa loved him, but every single time he would just wave her off. It angered him. How could someone who had everything he ever wanted be such a jerk about it? If he were in Eren's positon, he would run and kiss Mikasa, hold her in his arms and never let go, as he had longed to do for so many years. Not just tell her goodbye.

But it was over. She was gone.

To be continued...