The Hidden Truth

Mikasa ran all the way home. Well, to her dorm that is. She didn't care that it was a 20 minute run, and she was wearing flats and a sundress.

She was angry and tired and depressed. Eren and her had grown up as brother and sister, so why did she feel this way about him?

Mikasa knew why. Ever since he wrapped his scarf around her that fateful night, she had felt something more. She felt accepted around him, a feeling she realized she's been looking for her whole life.

She started sobbing. "I need to see Eren," She cried to herself. And with that she took off her flats and bolted the rest of the way.

~Time Skip to The Dorm~

Out of breath, she finally fell into the apartment building.

"Hello Mikasa," said a warm, familiar voice from the lobby. It was Armin, Eren's blond headed best friend. He always had a book in his hands, and right now was definitely not an exception.

"Hello Armin, why are you down here on the first floor? Don't you normally read in your room?" Mikasa questioned.

"Well," the boy said a bit nervously, "Eren told me he was going to be busy tonight and it would be best if I came down here to read. Anyway," He changed the subject quickly, "What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be out with Jean?"

"Oh. Um...that didn't exactly work out."

"Well that's too bad! He was so excited about tonight too..."

"Ya. I going to go upstairs. Bye Armin!"

"Bye," he called just as the elevator door shut.

When Mikasa finally got to her hall, she did something she had never thought of doing before. Instead of making the normal right into her bedroom, she turned left, straight to Eren's door.

She needed to talk to him now, and didn't feel like answering Annie's questions.

In the moment, she did something that would change her life forever, she didn't knock. In all the commotion that filled her head, she just opened the door and walked in.

An what she saw horrified her.

There, on Eren's bed, sat him and Annie, kissing passionately. And what was worse, her clothes were on the floor.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" Mikasa screamed. "ANNIE? EREN? WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

"Mikasa! What are you doing here? We were just-um-" Annie started.

Mikasa didn't wait for her to finish. She ran out of there faster than she had ran in. Her hands covered her face as she sobbed.

In the lobby once again, she bumped into a remotely familiar, yet muscular figure. She looked up to see the face she had just cursed less than an hour before.

"Mikasa!" Jean shouted. "I was looking all over for you! I was just asking Armin where you were!! Oh my god Mikasa I was so worri-"

She didn't let him finish. With a quick squeeze of her arms, she pulled him close and kissed him. She kissed him for all the bad things she had ever said to him or about him. She kissed him for every time he was nice to her, for every compliment he had ever given her. But above all, she kissed him because she loved him. Him. Not Eren.

"Mikasa I-"

"Jean. Listen to me. I made a huge mistake. I thought I loved Eren but he is just a backstabbing little brat and I now I know that I love you and I understand if you don't feel the same way after how horribly I treated you but-"

He cut her off once again with a kiss. This time however, it was a short one. And when he pulled away he declared, "No Mikasa. I've always loved you. And always will. God, I'm so happy right now."

"Now tell me," He continued, "Who made you cry so hard so I can go beat the crap out of them."

And with that, she just smiled.

~The End~

Woo hoo first one done! Thank you for reading that! I really hope you liked it!!