Frost Valley

Hey so i've been feeling sort of uninspired so i wanted to share something i had to write for class. it's super quick because the max was 1000 words so enjoy lol :)

I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and see Graham Hakos. My archrival.

"Excuse me? What do you want?"

"Trust me I wouldn't talk to you if I didn't have to. Have you checked your email?"

"No? It's literally lunch. Why would I check it?"

"Just check the Frost Valley rooms."

"Ok? Now please leave I don't want to see you longer than I have to."

"Happily."

****

"WHAT?"

"Relax Alaya it's only for a week."

"Trishelle. I'm with Graham."

"He'll come around."

"He's a monster. A waste of air. Aren't there rules against different genders rooming together?"

"Nope. They're used to be but people kept sneaking into other rooms so they stopped trying."

"Ugh. I know what I have to do."

"Try to be nice to him in hopes of becoming friends?"

"Close, I was thinking pretend I have tuberculosis so I can stay home."

"Anyways...See you tomorrow on the bus!"

"Yeah see ya."

"Also tuberculosis has been vaccinated so...Have fun with your roomie."

"Goodbye Trishelle."

"Bye Alaya!"

****

"Hello students! For those of you who don't know me my name is Ms. Narr and I'm in charge of the trip. There will be other teachers if you need something but for big questions come to me!"

"Back row?" Trishelle asks me.

"Of course." I respond. Ms. Narr calls out again,

"Also you will be sitting with your partners for the 2 hour ride."

I almost fall over. "What? No!" I look over at Graham and he winks.

He is my thirteenth reason. I swear to God.

"Well hey Ms. Singh."

"Fuck off. We don't need to speak to each other."

"Geez Alaya. We are gonna be sleeping together so I felt like we should know each other first."

I choke on my water.

"Stop right there. First off we are not and will never sleep together. We're in the same room. Not the same bed."

"Sure okay."

"I'm taking the window seat." Graham opens his mouth to respond but I've already put in my headphones.