Chapter 3: She Tells the Truth

"Caspian I really feel like we should've waited for the Narnians to come to us." I complained. My feet were aching from treading through nature. Caspian and I had been walking in the forest for a while now, out of spite to the Narnians back in the hollow tree trunk. 

     "That's the thing Aravis, we have to take charge. Narnians are noble creatures. They don't want leaders who sit there and wait to be rescued."

     I rolled my eyes in annoyance. Perhaps he was right, but in all seriousness I couldn't help but feel a little nervous. We didn't know these lands and the fact that Telmarine soldiers could be waiting for us at any entrance kept me on edge. 

     A twig behind me snapped, quickly bringing me out of my thoughts. I slowly scanned the thick brushes behind me searching for any possible danger that could be-

     "We can hear you." Caspian sighed.

     Nikabrik and Trufflehunter peeked their heads out from behind a tree, I could feel my heartbeat slowing down back to its normal pace. "I just think we should wait for the Kings and Queens, or other Narnians for the matter."

     Instead of listening, again Caspian just rolled his eyes and continued to trail on. Clearly feeling either entitled or overly confident that he could do this. "Fine go! See if the others will be as understanding."

     "Maybe I'll come with you," Nikabrik started to follow, "I want to see you try to explain things to the minotaurs."

     The mention of the creatures made Caspian stop, "Minotaurs? They're real?"

     "And very bad-tempered, not to mention big. Huge even." Trufflehunter replied as he decided to follow us as well.

     I perked my head towards the topic. I was entranced with Narnians and everything about their way of life. "What about centaurs?" I chimed in. "Oh and fauns? Oh, and what about-"

     "How do you know so much about us?" Nikabrik sneered.

     Caspian replied in my defense, "Our professor told us stories about Narnia growing up."

     "I've always been fascinated by tales of Narnians and the land you all created. How they are so noble and trustworthy to others and-" Suddenly one dawning thought arose that made all other thoughts and inquiries disappear. "Trufflehunter?..." I started, watching him nod his head to continue with my question. I didn't want to overstep my boundaries, but I had never been more captured about the legacy of one Narnian. "What about Aslan?"

     The badger and the dwarf immediately stopped in their tracks as if they had a crossbow being held to their head. They slowly turned and looked at me with a look of disbelief. My cheeks flushed a light, rosy pink from their intense gaze.

     "Why do you ask such a thing?" Nikabrik began, "Your father never told you about the tall tale of Aslan?" he continued in arrogance. It was clearer than the sky that the dwarf wasn't fond of me.

     "It wasn't my father. It was my professor." my tone started to rise from my lack of patience.

     "Oh that's right, because your daddy was too busy invading Narnia and stealing everything from us!" he growled back.

     "Like I said before..." I straightened out my shoulders my tone deathly serious, "I do not take accountability for my father's actions. That's between you and him, and if you have something nasty to say you can save it for his face, not mine. I'm the one who's trying to help undo the mess Miraz has created. I am doing my part, as is Caspian. I have no problem pointing out your distasteful attitude since we entered the picture, but we are a part of this prophecy. Do not talk down to me again... until you can physically look down at me." I snapped.