•Teddy bear•

Zane's POV

I was working on finishing the paperwork that I had procrastinated against when I got an urgent mind link from my beta, Jack. "There's another rouge that's crossed into our territory."
"Another one?"
"We have to look out Zane, the amount of incidents we are getting are not normal."
Jack was right about that. Recently the amount of rouges crossing over the border was much more than the average. Usually this meant that they were testing out boundaries and surveillance, so that they could scope out the enemy before attacking and considering that we are the strongest pack here in America, they must have a good plan.
"What do you want me to do?"
"Bring him in alive please and thank you."
I could practically see him rolling his eyes at me.
"Eye eye captain."
And then he cut the link.
———-
Time skip*

As the rouge got closer to the pack house my wolf got more and more unsettled. I didn't understand, he didn't usually get this jittery.
"Axel what's wrong?"
"I don't know, something just feels off about this one Zane."
I don't know what is going on but we will find out soon...
Right after I finish my paperwork.

I finished what was necessary and started walking to the dungeons with Jack and as I opened the door a smell overpowered the whole corridor. Even though the dungeons always smelt of rotting flesh and death, this time there was a new scent. A soft flowery scent with a hint of spice.
"MATE!"
"MATE!"
Me and Axel call out at the same time.
I started running through the hall trying to pin point the scent.
"Oi, Zane what are you doing?!"
I ignored Jack and kept running until I stoped in-front of a cell that radiated the scent and inside was the most beautiful boy I have ever seen. He was so dirty but still managed to look effortlessly gorgeous. Imagine what he would look like if he was awake and clean! I kept in admiring him until I realised that most of that dirt was blood. Upon closer inspection from the back and from his leg. I growled startling the sleeping beauty awake as he sat up bolt right and then winced in pain. I cut off my growl and looked at Jack. "Open the door."
"Wait what?!"
"Now!" Axel made himself known and Jack scurried to open the door fumbling with the keys. As soon as the door opened I rushed in and grabbed my little beauty making sure to be careful so I didn't injure him further and put my nose in his neck and taking a deep inhale.
He tensed at my touch and started trying to get away, making Axel whimper thinking that our mate doesn't want to be touched by us. He tried to stand up and run but ended up further injuring his leg making the bone jut out. I quickly backed up as he started shaking out of anxiety and pain. I tried speaking but I think that did him in, all the sudden he passed out. I quickly rushed to cradle his head right before he hit the floor so he didn't get a concussion.
"He's your mate isn't he?" Jack asked as I realised that he was still there, looking at me in surprise. "Yep."
"Congrats bro, and good luck." With that he left.

I carried the sleeping beauty to the infirmary, whispers going through the pack house as people noticed that I was carrying a rouge and protecting him against anyone who tried to attack him. I couldn't blame them but this is my mate, and none is going to touch what is mine. I walk up to Rositas office, she has looked after me since I was a child so I trust her with my precious mate. "And who might this be?" Rosita called out from her desk.
"My mate."
"Oh dear, he seems like he has been through a lot."
"Tell me about it Rosita, when I tried to hug him and he ran away from me! And then he tried to get up and he injured his leg, it is all my fault! I got to excited and moved to quickly for him!" I let out all my emotion as Rosita took him away from me and put him on her examination table. Rosita is like a second mum to me so I feel comfortable telling her these things.
"Hey, it's not your fault, did you use your alpha voice near him by any chance?"
I though back and realised that I had.
"Yes, why?"
"Look at his back mijo, whip marks. And his leg looks like it has been bitten my a warrior wolfs jaw. There are also scars, too many to count and he is definitely an omega. It doesn't happen often anymore, but to put it plainly mijo, I think this is a case omega abuse."
She took a break to let me soak that in before continuing. "Often in situations this bad, it means that the Alpha was participating in this. I think that is why he isn't comfortable around you." I sit down and stare at his sleeping face while Rosita worked on fixing his leg. Since he's knocked out, she doesn't need to use any pain killers or anaesthetise. I don't know how long had passed, but Rosita tapped me on the shoulder and gave me a big hug, which I returned. Just because I am big and scary looking and have tattoos and piercings doesn't mean that I'm emotionless. "Mijo, you are the sweetest and most amazing teddy bear that I have ever met, I'm sure that you will do just fine."
"Thank you Rosita." She gave me a kind smile and started getting up.
"Now get your sorry ass up and make sure that you win his heart." Let me just say this, Rosita is the best person in the whole world. If you want a motivational speech, she is your lady. I drag my chair over to his bed as she exited the room and put my hand over my little mates. "I will make this right my little one." I lay my head down in his lap and drift off.

————————————-
Heya, I hope you like the attempt I made at photography. Just wanted to say that I really appreciate all the people who read my book, even though the updates are slow. Love y'all. I will see you later. Oh and please let me know what you think of it so far!❤️❤️