Nineteen | Back to Bruises

Copywrited 2014 - @cxmeronokayy
All Rights Reserved
Samuel to the side>>>>>>>>>

I walked straight to the door of the building and waved goodbye to my friends without saying a word. How the heck could He think any of this was my fault. I got in my car and sat as my heat started and I turned on my radio.

Driving home, I get a text. I decided not to answer it, well you know, because I was driving. I turned up the volume of my radio and sang all the way home. I smiled when I saw Sam's car, as I parked on the side of the road.

"Hello Sammy!" I yell as I walk in the door and drag my big bear behind me, as I walk into the kitchen. I don't notice at first, but I do when I place my bear and bag on the island. I see a multitude of beer bottles sitting on the coffee table, top of the TV, and on the dinner table. I walk around and hear a crunch underneath my combat boots, and good thing because I had stepped on a splintered bottle all over the ground.

My stomach stirs as I realize what has happened. My brother drank and got mad, and is now wandering around the house, drunk. Again. Oh please, not again.

"Reagan?" I hear his voice boom above me, around my skylight, and I hide behind my kitchen bar. "Reagan!" I hear again even closer and I crawl towards my back pack. His steps heavy and wobbly on our creaky wooden floors get louder and slower. When I pick it up my keys jiggle and my heart stopped. "Reagan!" He runs around the bar and sees me crouched. I jump up and start to back up into the doorframe.

"Samuel. Hey. What's wrong?" I try to act sincere to keep him from hitting me. His eyes were full of sadness, but his lips curled up into a snarl.

"Shut up." He laughs dryly, and frankly, it scares me. He walks closer to me and I back up into my dining room. I clutch my backpack in my hand, and I shiver.

"What happened? Please tell your sister."

"Reagan I'm done with your shit."

"Sam-" he walks up to me and slaps me. My cheek flames up and tears brim my eyes as I gasp. He immediately steps back and he stutters for words. My heart races and tears pour out of my eyes, and I sprint for the door.

"Reagan! Reagan I'm sorry!" He chases after me as I get it my car and lock the door. I'm scared of my brother. I slam my foot on the gas pedal and drive. I don't even care where I'm going, I just want to drive.

I drive until I start to see trees, forest like, and snow covers the tops. I pull off on the side of the road, and lay back in my seat. My hand raised to my cheek where a large bruise begins to appear, and it stings. My face is wet and I can't stop crying. Why do I cry so much nowadays?

When my eyes dry, I check my phone at the text I got hours before. A small smile appears when I read who the message was from, then disappears when I read it.

From: Luke <3
>Come over please. We have to talk<

I put it down, and lay back in my seat. I can't go back to Everdale, I just can't. My hand moves to the radio and I turn up the volume. Gooey by Glass Animals comes on and I hum as my conscience overruns my actions, and I'm suddenly driving down the highway back to my house. Once I park back at my door, I decide to text Luke back.

From: Reagan
>wheres ur house<

IM SO SORRY ITS EVEN SHORTER BUT I DIDNT ONOW HOW TO TRANSITION THE TEXT TO HIS HOUSE WITHOUT IT BEING CRAPPY QUALITY. IM WRITING IT RIGHT NOW THOUGH SO IT WONT COME OUT TO LONG AFTER THIS CHAPTER MAYBE LIKE IN 20-30 MINUTES???

ok sorry. I'm chill.

QOTW- who's your favorite actress/actor?
Comment right here!>>>>>>

Don't forget to Vote, Comment, and Follow! Ilysm!

-Lara <3