Hawk Eyes

"Ten minutes and you'll go on the stage, girls." Their manager informed while the ladies were resting at the backstage and waiting for them to start their fan signing event for the recently released album.

Nayeon, Mina, Sana, and Momo were eating on the mat they laid on the floor while talking. Jihyo and Tzuyu were sitting on the couch available and focused on their phones. Jeongyeon was seated in front of their makeup mirror while fixing her makeup, and Dahyun was on the other side listening to music while rubbing her chest and breathing heavily.

She had been feeling like she was having a hard time breathing even earlier, she had drunk a lot of water but it will be back just after a few minutes, she doesn't know what triggers it but she was not liking it a bit.

She was the type of person who didn't want people around her to worry so she chose to endure it until now and act like nothing was wrong. However, someone had been eyeing her since earlier.

Dahyun opened her eyes when she felt a hand on her hand, the one rubbing her chest, and by the presence sitting at the chair beside her. She came eye to eye to those chestnut, mesmerizing eyes looking at her worriedly.

"You okay?"

"I am, unnie. I was just scratching my chest, it's itchy." She lied, chuckling, and pretended to be scratching it again.

"Are you sure?" She asked, squeezing her hand, "Why is your hand cold then?"

"My hands are always cold, unnie. It's not like you don't know about it." Dahyun answered, taking back her hand from Jeongyeon's hold and closed her eyes again.

"Grumpy," Jeongyeon uttered, putting Dahyun's hair behind her ears. "Tell me when you're feeling something, 'kay?"

"Yes, thank you." Dahyun just replied, she felt her squeeze her arm first before standing up and her presence vanished/leaving her alone.

They were sent to the stage, meeting their fans who already cheered loudly to them and raised their albums they were going to sign. They sat by age order and the event started.

Dahyun was in the middle of talking to a male fan when she suddenly felt her chest tightening, making it hard to breathe just like earlier. The fan asked her if she's fine which she just answered with a nod and a bright smile, not letting him see through her.

She just resolved it for a moment through drinking water, almost consuming the whole bottle of water then back at smiling again to the fans as she didn't want to appear rude no matter how hard it was to breathe. She occasionally took a deep breath, her hand was also shivering and stopping while signing her autograph but she would casually stop as if listening to what the fan was saying.

Unknown to her, someone had been eyeing her from the very start. Looking at her every time a fan was done at her then focusing back to another fan in line then would look back again to her after.

"Yoo Jeongyeon, stop being so whipped and focused on the fans!" Nayeon chided but only through a whisper when she noticed that the lady looked to the side again where Dahyun was.

"It's not me being whipped, Yeonie, it's Dahyun being sick, look at her, she's pale." Jeongyeon defended, worriedly looking at Dahyun who called for a manager to ask for a bottle of water.

"Hi, can I leave you for a moment? I just need to do something, I'll be back quick." Jeongyeon finally said, had enough of just sitting there.

"Yes, it's okay." The fan answered.

"Where are you going?" Momo asked, looking up to Jeongyeon who suddenly stood up and went straight to the backstage which she was followed by her manager and scolded her but she didn't care enough.