Chapter 53 - Date Night

Lilliana Outfit

I sat on my bathroom contour, applying my makeup

I sat on my bathroom contour, applying my makeup. Doja Cat quietly played from my phone as I gently sang along to her songs. I was almost done with my makeup when I heard a knock on the apartment door, meaning Bryce was probably there now.

Dixie's footsteps were heard approaching the door. I quickly applied the last of my blush before running out of my bathroom. I grabbed my purse from my bedroom and entered the living room.

I laughed immediately watching Dixie integrate Bryce. Finally finishing she warned him, "I want to see her home by 11:00 pm sharp." Even funnier was that Bryce looked nervous from Dixie's fatherly interrogation. Dixie doesn't stop, giving him a staredown.

I stop the integration, making my presence known, "Okay, Dixie, I think that's enough." Bryce looks away from Dixie over to me, a large smile growing on his face. "Wow, you look amazing," he speaks, not looking away from me. I smile, looking from the ground into Bryce's eyes. "You look good too," I respond.

Dixie awkwardly laughs, feeling uncomfortable with being next to us as we gaze into each other eyes. "Where's Noah when you need him," I hear her mumble under her breath. Her voice, caused me to look away from Bryce and over to her. "Sorry, Dixie," I apologize, not wanting to make my friend uncomfortable.

"I was messing around. You guys are cute," she replies with a smile on her face.

"Is that an actual compliment from Dixie D'Amelio?" Bryce snarks back with a grin.

The remark doesn't seem to please Dixie as she shouts, "I want you out now. Have fun on your date. I love you, Lilli. Bryce, you better have her back at 11:00, sharp," pushing Bryce and me out the door before closing it.

ꕥ𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎꧁꧂𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎ꕥ

Bryce had one hand on the steering wheel with the other hand interlocked with mine. Our hands were gently resting on my lap while we talked. The car ride was joyful and filled with laughter. Bryce and I reminisced about old times.

"Remember that time before we started dating, and we spent the whole day at my old crappy apartment playing board games," I ask, smiling at just the thought of memory.

"How could I forget that day I beat your ass in all the games? Not to mention when you tripped and fell on top of me," Bryce replies, making us laugh.

"First, you cheated in Monopoly and Uno. Second, I fell because I was so nervous that day. The fall made it even worse because I was embarrassed to the max after that," I admit, playing with our interlocked hands.

"What, it wasn't embarrassing? I thought it was cute, and that was one of the moments that made me realize my feelings for you," he remarks.

I couldn't believe that one of my most embarrassing experiences was one of the reasons Bryce fell for me. "It was?" I let out.

"Yeah, I thought your embarrassment was cute, and your little temper tantrums every time you lost were even funnier," he jokes as I use my other hand to push his shoulder.

"Now, on a more serious note. Are you going to tell me where we are going, or is this going to be another one of your surprise dates?" I question Bryce, lowering down the music.

"Yep, this is going to be another one of my surprise dates," he responds, making me groan. I could see his grin from the corner of my eye.

"How come you never tell me where we are going?" I ask, wanting to know why my boyfriend always resorts to torching me.

"If I told you what would be fun in that. Then I couldn't watch you get mad, and you're so cute when you're angry," Bryce reasons, causing me to roll my eyes.

"I hate you," I replied. Bryce lets out a chuckle, hearing the words come out of my mouth. "I love you too, Princess," he says back, unaffected by the sentence I spoke about previously.

ꕥ𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎꧁꧂𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎ꕥ

"We're here," Bryce let's put. We parked in front of a small cafe. It looked familiar, but I couldn't remember why until it suddenly hit me. Cafe Lean is the place I met Bryce for the first time.

"No way! Is this Belle Nourriture?" I scream. Bryce laughs at my excitement. "Yep, I rented it out for the night," he explains, making my smile grow.

"I can't believe you did this. It is the best date ever, and it hasn't even officially started yet," I say, jumping up and down in my seat.

"I thought you would like it," he says with a smile. "Like it, I love it. I take back what I said earlier. I love you. I love you so much," I declare, kissing all over his face.

"Okay, baby. You know I love you, but we got to go in now. I only rented the cafe until 10:00 p.m.," he says, causing both of us to laugh. "Sorry, bubs, let's go," I say, exiting the car quickly.

"This is the best chicken I ever had," I gush in excitement to Bryce. "You're so cute," he replies, smiling at me as I talk about the chicken.

"Bryce, listen, you have to try the chicken. It is the best thing I ever had," I rant again. Bryce doesn't seem to want to, shaking his head, and causing me to roll my eyes. "You have to try it," I plead.

"I think I am full of my steak," Bryce replies. "Fine, be like that. It means no kisses for you for the rest of the week," I assert, knowing that would get Bryce to try the chicken.

"Fine, but only one bite," Bryce answers. I smile at the fact I could get him to do what I wanted, taking a piece of chicken from my plate and feeding it to Bryce.

"Wow, that is so good," Bryce says, taking the chicken out of my hand and taking another bite. "Told you," I responded.

"I need to show you one more place before we leave," Bryce said the minute I stood up. I stared at him, confused. Before I could ask, Bryce took my hand, dragging me a couple of tables down.

He eventually stopped walking, making me look around. We were about five tables down from where we were sitting, and there seemed to be nothing special here. "Why did you need to take me here?" I asked.

"This exact spot is where we met. It was only nine months ago, but now it feels like a lifetime ago. From the moment you walked into my life, I knew that I needed you in it. The day I met you, I might not have known how much I needed you, but I do now. You have done so many things for me. You made me find out things about myself I didn't even know, gave me a reason to smile every day, and most importantly, gave me love I didn't even know was possible. I love you, Lilliana, and want you to be my girlfriend again," Bryce announces. I jumped into his arms immediately.

"Yes, a thousand times yes. I want to be your girlfriend," I squeal, which comes out more as a mumble with my face buried into his neck.