1.

Lillies pov

I never believed in soulmates but forever means forever, right?

"Wake up! Wake up! Its your birthday!" I woke Esther up. I can't wait to give her her present.

I want to take her on a date above the clouds where you can see the whole world at its calmest. Where all you can hear are the cockroaches and the grass swaying happily in the warm, damp wind. Where I can admit my love for her. It will be our little spot and ill take her there every anniversary on her birthday and we'll be happy and nothing will be able to stop us. Nothing.

"Omg okay okay!" Esther laughed as she rolled out of bed falling onto the floor scaring her dog doing so.

"Omg haha im sorry lol but its your birthday! I can't wait to give you your present but first were getting pancakes to carry out our tradition!" I shouted out excitedly.

"Yesssss I love pancakes let's go to Cafe Extrablatt Oldenburg there's is always so good."

"I mean duh its a date." I blushed when I said that- I just hope she didn't see it.

She smiled at that and took her clothes and changed in her bathroom.

I was about to get changed when her brother came in singing happy birthday. I laughed and told him she was in the bathroom.

It was at this moment she strutted out and showed off her outfit. Her brother and I stood there jaw wide open admiring her look.

"So when are you going to admit your undying love for her then?" Lucaas whispered to me.

"What? I don't love her." I said surprised. How did he know?

"Oh come on. Its obvious you love her and she obviously loves you back." He laughed walking away whispering something in Esther's ear making her shout to him to shut up which made us all laugh.

Esther has just finished her pancakes and im paying when I message my best friend Chris about my plan to take her on a date and he seemed really excited and so did Lillith.

Lillith and Chris have started hanging out more and more and it's obvious Chris likes her but Esther always says that she thinks Lillith likes Ivy which thinking about it makes sense.

"Okay so I wanna take you somewhere special. Somewhere we'll remember so just fall asleep and ill wake you when we get there." I say clearly excited.

"Okay lol." She laughed and began to fall asleep.

We arrived to the top of the cliff in less than an hour surprisingly and I got ready to show her what it looks like.

"Okay you can uncover your eyes now!" I exclaimed.

"Omg. Its gorgeous. How did you find this place?" She asked mesmerised.

"That's for another time." we both laughed as I sighed and she ran over to the swing covered with vines.

" we both laughed as I sighed and she ran over to the swing covered with vines

(its like this btw)

"Lillie I love it thank you so much!" She said with tears in her eyes.

"Thank you I also have one more thing. Follow me over here and sit down." She nodded and smiled.

Well here goes nothing.

I hand her a box and tell her to wait till I finish what I say.

"Esther, ever since I saw you when Chris and Lillith introduced us to eachother, I knew you were the person I would love forever. When I saw your eyes sparkle in the moonlight at our first ever sleepover when we were stargazing on the roof, or when I heard you sing for the first time and I thought you were an angel in disguise. Your voice could send me to sleep in seconds its so calming and I love hearing it.

I love the way when you go to lie down on your elbows and stomach you flip your hair to one side and the way you get so excited when I play arctic monkeys or one direction and when you talk about Louis Tomlinson you could go on about him for hours and hours amd always have something new to say about him. I love it and I guess what I'm trying to say is that I love you. I'm in love with you and have been from the very first facetime."

Well no going back.

"I- I love you too more than anyone could believe and whenever Lucaas would just whisper something in your ear to make you laugh I know I shouldn't have but I got so jealous."

"Trust me it was just about you and how 'obvious' it was that I'm on love with you. Oh and before we forget you can open the box." I smiled.

"Its a ring as a promise that what ever goes wrong ill love you forever and the necklace is a matching necklace so we are always together no matter how far apart we are. Cliché. I know but its worth it." I looked up and she was crying.

We locked eyes and we both started to lean in. When she closed the gap I was ecstatic and I felt butterflies just like I did the day when we first met. Its like deja vu all over again. At this moment in time I love her and she loves me and I've never been more happy.

But of course everything must come to an end.

We separated from the kiss and gave out a well needed laugh. We ran over to the swing and I pushed her.

Its not my fault. She kept asking to go higher. I can't say no to her. It wasn't my fault.

She asked to go higher and of course I obeyed.

I can't say no to her. She's like a voice in my head that I can't get out.

Higher.
Higher.
Higher.

It wasn't my fault.

She let go.

I don't know whether it was intentional but she's gone.

I called 911 as soon as I could but they couldn't get to her in time. She's gone.

I heard her laugh one more time.

"We'll meet again." I heard and then.

Nothing.

It wasn't my fault.

------------

Hey lol so that's the first chapter I hope you like it lol.

This is based off of @/ evangelinefisk's tiktok. Someone commented something and I saw it and thought it needed to be a book so yeah :]

I hope you enjoy it :]