60. Back to the UK

Two weeks later, it's time for Ben and Joe to go back to the UK. They stayed an extra week to get everything settled with the adoption agency, but now it's really time to go home.
Ever since the two agreed to adopt Liz, Mary made it her job to teach them about all the baby stuff they'll need.
Joe has seen stuff coming by he didn't even know existed. From a baby wrap to all different kinds of pacifiers. But a week of speed courses, he and Ben finally got the hang of all the stuff and the routines.
Both boys are eager to go home, and can't wait to show their daughter to their friends. But the two are also a bit nervous about the flight. Since the flight from New York to London takes about eight hours, they hope Liz will get through without to much crying. 

●●●

The day of their flight, Ben wakes up from someone talking next to him. At first it sounds quite distant. He groans softly before rubbing his eyes. After a few seconds, the voice next to him finally becomes more clear. He can now hear that Joe is the one who's talking.
"I think your papa is waking up, Liz." The ginger's voice says, barely above a whisper.
With a sleepy smile, Ben opens his eyes. "Papa?" He mumbles. Next to him he sees Joe bare-chested with Liz lying on her tummy on top of him.
The baby girl has her eyes closed, and is making some happy sounds in her sleep.
Joe's cheeks turn red within just a few seconds. "Sorry, that just slipped out." He mutters embarrassed. 
Ben shakes his head. "No don't apologize. I love it." He yawns. He snuggles closer to Joe's body so he can gently kiss their daughter on the head. "I'm your papa." He whispers, a hint of disbelief audible in his voice.
The ginger smiles widely and gives both Ben and Liz a kiss on the head. "We though we'd just let you sleep for a while, right Lizzy?" He looks down at the girl, feeling his heart glow.
Ben smiles and presses a kiss on the boy's cheek. "Hmm that's sweet." He mumbles before closing his eyes again. His phone beeps, but he decides to ignore it. He's just too comfortable now to move. But when it beeps again, the blond groans loudly before reaching to the nightstand.
"Who's texting you?" Joe asks curiously.
Ben smiles. "Rami says that we have to text him when our plane is landing. Then he'll pick us up with his car." He says, reading the messages out loud.
Joe immediately grins. "I can't wait to see his face when he sees Liz. Nor Gwil or Lucy's face."
Ben lets out a sleepy giggle and nods in agreement. 
A long silence follows, but it's a comfortable one.
For a moment Joe thinks that Ben has fallen asleep again, since he can feel the boy's breathing is slow and his muscles are relaxed. But when he looks next to him he sees Ben just staring at Liz with the admiration reflecting in his eyes.
Then Liz lets out a soft noise before yawning and opening her eyes.
Ben can feel the happiness run through his body when the girl just stares at him with her big blue eyes. "Hi." He whispers to her.
"Are you ready to go home Lizzy?" Joe whispers with a smile.
"How long do we got before we have to leave?" Ben asks.
Joe looks at the clock and shrugs. "About 2 hours." He says. He giggles when Ben yawns. "How about you get Liz dressed, then I'll make her a bottle." He suggests.
When Ben smiles and nods, Joe hands the little girl over to him. After giving Ben a short kiss, he walks towards the kitchen. 

With a bottle in his hand, Joe walks back to their bedroom. Since it's still very early in the morning, no one else is awake yet. He stops in the doorway of his bedroom and smiles.
In the room, Ben is still busy with getting Liz dressed. While putting on her little socks, the boy starts singing softly to her. 
After a few seconds of admiring the two, Joe walks over to his boyfriend and daughter.
"All done sweetheart." Ben says with a smile. "You are the prettiest girl in the world." He says before giving the baby girl a kiss. Suddenly he feels two arms around his waist. 
"You should sing more often." Joe says with a small grin, pressing a sweet kiss onto the back of the blond's head. 
Ben can feel his cheeks burn a little. "You heard?" He asks shyly before turning around. 
Joe nods with a big smile before pressing his lips against Ben's. Their kiss gets interrupted by Liz starting to cry.
"I think someone's hungry." Ben giggles.
Joe smiles and carefully sits down with Liz on the bed.
"Are you sure we have everything packed?" Ben asks.
The ginger thinks for a moment and then nods. "Yeah, pretty sure. The only stuff we have yet to pack is Liz's stuff. Her lovey and diaper bag, all those things." He says.
"Have you given Mary your gift yet?" Ben asks. 
The ginger smiles, but doesn't take his eyes off Liz. He shakes his head. "No, not yet. I think I'll give it to her right before we leave."
Ben sits down on the bed as well, and looks with a smile Liz who's enjoying her bottle. "So, how late will we arrive in the UK?" The blond asks.
"Around  03:20 Pm, if all goes well. That way we'll have enough time after that to go shopping for some baby stuff. Then at least she won't have to spend her first night at home in a travel cot." Joe says.