Ch 3

Salem's story begins

(Note: The reader will now experience through Salem's eyes) 

Year 1981:

Year 1

I knew my parents would be proud of my getting my Hogwarts letter. I just don't know how they'll react when I tell them that I didn't get sorted into Slytherin. I'm sure my mum will be okay with it. I'm just worried that my father will come to Hogwarts and demand that I should be put in Slytherin.

"Have you written to your parents yet?" Pansy asked me.

I glanced up to see Pansy standing across from the table that was in the school's library. I've been in here just trying to get away from the people outside. Pansy and Draco often come in here just to pull me out of the library.

"What?" She asked.

I have met Pansy on the stairs before the sorting ceremony. Then I met Draco Malfoy after her. I knew my father would be proud of my making friends with any pureblood Slytherin.

"I just don't know how to break the news." I said to her as I closed my transfiguration textbook. "Both of my parents were a Slytherin. Not sure why the hat put me in Ravenclaw."

"Well, at least you're not in Gryffindor. Otherwise we wouldn't be friends."

"That's true." I tell her. "My father wants me to be only friends with Slytherin. So being friends with you and Draco would help a lot."

"You'll have to tell your parents that you are not in Slytherin but have friends in Slytherin."

"I will tonight."

"You better. Otherwise you'll be getting an owl or a Howler."

"Where's Draco?" I asked her.

"Probably stalking that Potter boy."

"Is he still upset that Harry turned him down?"

"Maybe."

"It's been four days since he's met him." I told her.

"I know. You try to tell him that."

"He'd listen to you, Pansy."

"Come on." Pansy says, "We must find him before something bad happens."

I stood up as I grabbed my textbook. I followed Pansy out of the library. Pansy and I ran into Draco and his friend.

"Hey." Pansy says, "Oh Draco, Salem and I were on our way to find you. Hi Blaise."

"Hi."

"Salem," Draco says, "This is Blaise. He's in our year."

I smiled at Blaise.

"Hi."

"Your friends with a Ravenclaw?" Blaise asked Draco.

I glanced at Pansy who only shrugged.

"At least she's not in Gryffindor." Draco says. "Her name is Salem-"

"I know very well who she is." Blaise says, "I just don't care."

"I would say it's nice to meet you, Blaise-"

"Zabini." He corrected me. "You should call me Zabini until we're friends. I doubt we will ever be friends."

"As I was saying it; it wasn't very nice to meet you Blaise. I shall get going now. See you in Potions, Pansy. Draco."

I felt Blaise's glaring at me as I walked away. I knew I had to stay away from that boy. He is rude. I do not like Slytherin's like him. Think they're better than everyone else.