10. Get Home

This is just another night

And we’ve had many of them

To the morning we’re cast out

But I know I’ll land here again

Jason

            I took a deep breath through my nose trying to calm my racing heart. I was about to do something that I’d never done before and I was a little bit more than freaked out. Harley was going to meet my family. Well I hoped she would meet my family. I hadn’t exactly set it up yet or told Harley, or told my family for that matter. It was pretty much a big surprise for everyone.

Harley was still under the impression that I had spent most of my time as a rogue traveling with old friends, which wasn’t a complete lie. My family members were my friends and I would have told her sooner except ire ally didn’t know how to breach the topic. Part of me knew that she would be very happy to find out anything about me because I’d been keeping my past pretty secret from her and I knew that she wanted to know more. But part of me was afraid that she would be upset that I had kept something so important from her. But I was sure she would understand why once I told her the reason, but then that would mean I would have to tell her the whole damn story. I groaned, dragging my hands across my face. This was going to be one difficult conversation.

            I was interrupted from my thoughts my banging on the bathroom door, “Jason hurry up, you take longer than Alice.” Joi yelled.

            “Does not! I don’t take that long!” Alice yelled back. I sighed, as much as I loved them, sometimes they did get on my nerves.

            I opened the door, coming out of the bathroom and stepping around Joi who was walking in. “Move it! I gotta pee!” she yelled.

            “Where are you headed?” Alice said as she pulled he shoes on.

            “Out, and you?” I was pretty suspicious considering they never really went anywhere. It wasn’t like I didn’t want them to; I just wanted them to be safe. I trust Alice though and I knew that she would never lead her siblings into anything dangerous.

            “I was walking past the theater earlier today and it thought it would be nice if they got out for a change. There’s some new super hero movie out and I figured they’d like it.”

            I nodded, “Sounds like a good idea. You have money right?” I always made sure to leave money behind when I left for work in case they needed anything while I was gone. She nodded, “Ok well then just text me and let me know when you guys leave and when you get back.” She nodded again and I left the room. I wasn’t too worried about them, I’d taught them how to handle themselves in public, how to blend in with a crowd. Plus, I was I kind of preoccupied with this whole ‘Harley meeting my family thing’ to worry about them when I knew they could handle themselves.