1/2

"Atlas. It's time to go to go visit your mom. The doctors have some news." My moms best friend, Cara, yelled from downstairs.

I finished with my pointe shoes and put them back in the closet, grabbing my sketchbook, overnight bag, and my jacket, just in case. Before walking out of my room and down the stairs.

Reaching the end of the stairs i was met by my black cat, Sylvester.
Or that was her name until I found out she was a girl. Now I call her Sylvie. Not that girls can't be named Sylvester. Just because it seemed fitting. And plus, Sylvester is a mouthful.

Sylvie is pure black. Other than the small bit of white on the tip of her tail. I got her when I was 11. On the day I got my Hogwarts letter. I remember that day like it was yesterday.

-flashback-

"Atlas, honey. It's time for breakfast." My mom yelled. From the top of the stairs.

I quickly got dressed and ran down the stairs. Jumping down the last few, almost falling to my death.

"Atlas, what did I tell you about doing that?" My mom said with a stern look on her face as she flipped the pancakes.

"Sorry mommy." I said with a guilty look on my face before I sat down on the stool at the beginning of the island.

"You're going to get hurt one day. And then-" she started to lecture me but was interrupted by pecking at the window.

She rushed over to the window and grabbed a letter out of the animals beak.
I was very confused how there was an owl at the window but ignored it as I stuffed my face with the blueberry pancakes.

"Oh, atlas." My mom breathed as she ran over to me and pulled me into a bone crushing hug. My moms hugs were the best. But sometimes she didn't know when to let go, and this was one of those times.

I tapped her on the shoulder and she finally let go.

"What is it?" I asked before she shoved the letter into my hands.

I opened the letter and pulled out the two pieces of parchment.

Dear. Ms. Thorn,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July. Yours sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall Deputy Headmistress

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY
Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Supply list:

First-year students will require:

1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar) 4. One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings)

Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags.

All students should have a copy of each of the following:
The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot
Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling
A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

Other equipment:

1 wand
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2) 1 set glass or crystal phials
1 telescope
1 set brass scales

Students may also bring, if they desire, an owl or a cat or a toad.

Parents are reminded that first years are not allowed thier own broomstick

Yours sincerely,
Lucinda Thomsonicle-Pocus
Chief Attendant of Witchcraft Provisions

I looked up at my mom in confusion. To see her staring back down at me, excitement filling her eyes.

"You're a witch honey. Just like me."
She says before wrapping me in another hug.

"Does this mean I can do magic?" I asked when she let go.

"Yes sweetheart. You will do so good." She said before pinching my cheek with her fingers and smiling at me.

"Now get upstairs and get ready. We have a week until you're off for school. And we need to get your stuff." She smiled at me, pulling her jacket on before I ran upstairs.

-end of flashback-

Cara and I apparated to St. Mungos and walked in. Upon walking in we were greeted by a nurse that knew exactly who we were. She shooed us off to my moms room and we walked through the hallways.

The smell of cleaning products burned my nose. I hated this place. All it brought was pure sadness and anxiety. Not for me, but my mom.

Turning to the room my mom was in, I opened the door and walked in. My mom was laying on her bed. Looking as pale and sickly as ever.

"Mom?" I whispered softly.

The doctor came around the corner. Greeting me with a sad smile and brought me over to her.

The doctor put a hand on my shoulder before speaking, "I'm so sorry for your loss."

Those words made my stomach drop. Your loss?
What do you mean?
She was fine yesterday. How? How did this happen? She can't just leave? We have so much left to do together.

I stood there. Silent tears streaming down my cheeks. I felt two arms wrap around my neck and I nuzzled my face into their chest.

"It'll be okay munchkin." Cara said rubbing my back. Which was now shaking due to my sobs becoming more vocal.

She pulled out of the embrace to look at me.
"Do you wanna talk to her? Alone?" Cara asked and I nodded.

She smiled softly at me and nodded. Before walking out of the room. Followed by the doctor.

I sat down in the chair and reached for her hand. My hand shaking slightly as more tears coated my cheeks. I sniffled as my hand grasped hers. Her hand was cold, and stiff, but I didn't care. I just wanted to feel her touch. To have one of those famous hugs, the ones that made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

"Do you remember when you gave me that hug when I got my letter? I could really use one of those right about now.." I said but trailed off as my voice broke and turned into more sobs and whimpers.

I sat, crying for a little before I wiped my cheeks with my open hand, my other still holding hers.

I sniffled trying to hold back tears as I talked.

"You said to be strong. To be brave for you when you left. To be my normal, joy filled self. But-" I sniffled
"I don't know if I can anymore." I breathed out. "You were all I had. Dads gone, grandmas gone, and now you're gone. Why can't someone just stay?"

——————————————————-

Welcome to my new Fanfic.
Stay- George Weasley.

I know it's a bit of a rough start.
But I'm really trying to write better and put more emotion into my reading. It's not always going to be sad. Just stay with me. I will start real updates once mi amor comes to a close. Because I'm trying to focus on it for the time being.
Yes, I know what you're saying.

"Why are you starting a new fanfic when your others not even finished?"

Well, tbh I don't know. I just felt like it. Leave me be.