15

I sit still in my seat, waiting for the rest of the crowd to leave the room. Sainte is still standing at the front, his eyes flickering between the door and myself. I swear he's just as desperate for them to leave as I am.

"You're going to Rome, huh?" I ask him.

"I am," he nods. "And you're coming with me."

"I am?" I smile excitedly.

"At least, if you'd like to."

"Of course I want to," I snicker. "I love Italy!"

"Have you been recently?"

"Not for a few years. I think the last time was when I was 18."

"Then I'm glad I get to take you again."

"Do you go there often?"

"Every year," he nods.

"For work?"

"Usually, but I won't be working this time."

"Oh?"

"This trip is for you," he tells me. "I'm taking some time off so I can get to know you better."

"Really?" I grin."When did you decide this?"

"At the gym this morning. I think it would be beneficial—being in a different environment."

"Without a hundred men breathing down our necks?"

"Precisely," he smiles. "Does that sound good to you?"

"It sounds amazing," I get up out of my seat, walking towards him. His eyes flicker down my body.

"I see you're still wearing my shirt," he comments.

"I didn't have enough time to change."

"Don't bother. It looks good on you."

"You think?"

"It's very... sexy," a teasing smirk pulls at his lips. I let out an exasperated gasp.

"Salvatore Sainte!" I call. "That's not very professional of you!"

"I can't help it. You're doing things to me."

"Yeah?" I stand on the tip of my toes, reaching up to whisper in his ear. "What kind of things?"

"Distracting things," he places his hand at the base of my head. "Lewd, indecent things."

"Then why don't you kiss me?" I whisper, my heart thumping in my chest. He shifts his head slightly. I feel his breath on my cheek, and I swear our lips are about to touch. But they don't.

"Because I still have work to do," he pulls away from me, leaving me standing on my own, humiliated.

"What?" I turn towards him, just before he can leave the room. "Are you fucking serious?"

"Sofia—."

"I thought this is what you wanted! You said you liked me! You were being so nice to me and here I am practically throwing myself at you and you don't want me!"

"Sofia!"

"This is so fucking pathetic. I can't believe I thought this could work out!" I march towards the door, but I don't make it that far. Sainte takes my hand, spinning me back into him.

"You are so fucking stubborn," he says, but before I have a chance to process his words, he presses his lips on mine. I don't respond for a second, completely surprised by the situation. He wraps one arm around my waist and returns the other back to my neck. I finally realise what's happening and start moving my lips along with his, throwing my arms around him. Our bodies are pressed against each other, both of us desperate for more. But I pull away.

"Sainte," I mumble, trying to catch my breath. "We don't have to do this."

"Yes, we do," he brings his lips back to mine, lowering his hands to the top of my ass.

"I understand if you have to work."

"I don't."

"Sainte..." I pull away from him once more. "I don't want you to do this if you don't want to."

"I want to, Sofia," he breathes. "I want to do fucking badly."

"But—."

"I can't let you question my feelings for you," he runs his thumb over my cheek." I won't allow it."

"I was just embarrassed," I admit. He just reassured me of his feelings this morning. I can't be doubting him again so soon.

"You're perfect, Sofia," he tells me. "And there's nothing I'd want more than to tear these clothes off you."

"So why don't you?"

"I've been asking myself that same question," he shifts his hand lower, giving my ass a tight squeeze. "But the answer is clear."

"No," I complain. "Don't tell me."

"Sofia, if you're going to be my wife, our first time is going to be in a penthouse suite, in the middle of Rome, not my conference room, okay?"

I grin widely. I love the sound of that. I could be his wife. If things keep going the way they are, we can be married soon.

"Is that why we're going to Rome?" I joke. "You just want to fuck?"

"For the most part, yes," he teases. "Now how about you start packing your bags, and I'll meet you upstairs in 30 minutes?"

"30 minutes?" I pout. "That's too long."

"I'll be quick, I promise."

"Fine," I press my lips against his, pulling him closer into me. Our mouths move together hungrily, an excited shiver shooting down my spine. He opens his lips to deepen the kiss, but I pull away. "I'll see you upstairs, okay?"

"I'll hurry."

"You better," I walk out I to the hallway, running into Jordan straight away.

"Hey, is everything okay?" he asks.

"Yeah, everything's good," I nod. "Were you waiting for me?"

"Yeah. I figured I'd leave you with Sainte but you're still my assignment."

"Well, I'm just going up to my room so I guess you can take a break or something."

"Nice try," he snickers. "I'll wait for Saintes orders."

"That's fair enough," I purse my lips. "So... upstairs?"

"Yeah, yeah, let's go."

I hurry up the stairs, this time ahead of Jordan. I'm in a bit of a hurry, and not just because I have to clean my room and then pack for the trip, but also because I need to let out my excited energy. At least now I'll be clean when we have sex. Right now I smell like sweat and alcohol. I'm still in last nights underwear. It's not very attractive, or hygienic for that matter.

I'm definitely going to be wearing sexy lingerie the whole time we're in Rome. It'll just make it that much more romantic.