Release

"Hey, idjit. Wake up."

"Hmm?" Karamatsu lifted his head, recoiling at the sun.

"You've been here all night." Chibita turned the CLOSED sign to OPEN. "Hope you slept okay."

"Yeah, I did. Um, thanks for listening last night. It really means a lot to me."

"Shut up," he mumbled half-heartedly. "I-I mean, that's what friends are for, right?"

"Friends." He reached out for his hand. "We really are friends? You're not just trying to make me feel better?"

"No way in hell! I'm serious!"

"Thank you." He kissed the top of his head.

"Idjit!"

Karamatsu and Chibita met up each day for the rest of the week, discussing Ichimatsu's condition.

"He's coming home tomorrow!" he cheered. "I just hope he doesn't hate me."

"For the thousandth time, he doesn't hate you!" Chibita snapped. "I've seen the worst in your brothers, and none of them would ever go as far as to disown you! Do you understand?!"

"Yes." Karamatsu looked up. "Are you busy tomorrow night?"

"Usually, but I don't have to be. Why?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Do you..." He trailed off, searching for the right words to say. "I mean, could you...will you..."

"Spit it out already, idjit!" he snapped

"Willyougooutwithme?" he squeaked.

"What."

"I said, will you go out with me?" Panic washed over his face. "N-not like a date, necessarily! I-I mean, it can be, if you want! Wh-what I'm saying is, I mean, will you-"

"Yes, dammit! Shut up!" Chibita blushed furiously. "Just, when?"

"Seven tomorrow?" Karamatsu suggested.

"Sounds good." He took the empty bowl from him. "You should head home before someone worries about you."

"Ah, they never worry about me." He tried to slide some yen over, but a hand on top of his stopped him. "Eh?"

"On the house. Get out of here, idjit."

"Thank you," he whispered, heading home. The shorter man smiled fondly.