❥ An Unexpected Twist of Fate

It was about to be dawn. Bella sighed. It was time for Ethan to disappear. They were getting to know each other, sharing about their families and preferences. It made Bella sad to know that Ethan is a lonely soul now. His father and most of his men's were killed by the witch who used her magical power to ruin everything that he owns, so that he be as hurt as she had been when he rejected her. And, those who survived moved away, fearing for the worst that can befall upon them if they stay any longer.

Ethan had been sad once, but now he is positive. Meeting Bella kind of changed everything for him. He was sure, his fate would take a better turn too. 

They were seated at a table and the magic book was placed on it. Together they were trying to understand the language. They stumbled by a page full of symbols accompanied by English alphabets below each symbol. At the backside of the page, there were a few symbol scribbled and Bella felt like one symbol was missing. (Picture in the media section)

She was also involved in figuring it out for a while and when she called back, she found a perfect symbol, she fronted up to ask Ethan, but he was no where to be seen. She looked towards the window and beyond the drapes, she could find out that it was the shot of dawn already. She felt sad that she didn't even realized he was gone. And then, her heart told her that he really isn't gone. Her eyes cannot see him, but her heart had felt him with her throughout. She can sense his presence even in his absence. She smiled and stared at where he was sitting and said,"I can still feel you, Ethan"

Ethan in his invisible mode felt helpless that he cannot reach out and hug her, but he smiled back and put his arms round her. Almost an airy spirit, but Bella had felt it. She then remembered what she promised him and focussed back at the words. 

She was totally confused. Should she go with it or not? She prayed deeply and scribbled the symbol in the empty seat and suddenly, a circle of neon color lights appeared on the page, making Bella blink at first and then she found out the English meaning of the news she just scribbled. "Appear"

In merely a moment, two horribly and funny looking figures appeared in the room, making her leap up in a hurry. They yawn in high pitched voices and stretched  their arms and bodies as if they had been sleeping in some tiny bottle. One of them had a candle holder in their hand and as their eyes registered Bella's face, they screamed. Bella, whose voice was missed due to fear, now screamed back in revulsion. Her screams made them scream more and in even a higher pitch that could make one feel deaf. That scared her and she cried her lungs out saying, "Ethan, ghost... ghost..." 

The two alien looking fellows copied her and stated,"gosh... gosh..."and flowed across the room in a comical manner, climbing up and screaming the same word even at each other face.

For approximately the next 10 minutes, it was difficult to see who was more frightening to the other. They went all over the plaza, from one box to another, flowing over the carpeted floor, clashing with the interiors and statues and screaming some more, echoing the same news in a rather comical manner in their folly. 

Bella halted at the nook of the room, she felt was safe and hid herself behind the curtain hoping for them to go away. The two aliens now stood at the table and stared at the magical script. It looked like they understood the symbols and soon they wrote something in the air and the room was like a ship in a storm. The three of them were flowing and floating in the air... here, there, everywhere, in the room, from one end to another, until a disarray of curtains revealed to Bella a spaceship that landed outside the villa. 

It didn't require much time for Bella to understand that the witch must have captured these aliens for some purpose and it was due to her misunderstanding that they got freed and are now desiring to get backward to where they came from.

Bella took a leap of faith, hold onto her courage and acted like she holds some magical powers and bringing up her hand, pretended to pull out some symbol she saw in the book, making them feel like she was attempting to catch them once more.

The couple looked at her in dismay and surprised, bowing at her. She hurried towards the board and instantly seized the magic book. Falling out the letters, she spake to them,"I will set you free only if you feed me something that can be useful to me in a serious way."

No sooner that she said it, the alien who was holding the candleholder, handed it to her and in their language said,"Tis will help ya get what ye so desire." 

Desire? The only thing she wants now is to see Ethan....

Candleholder? Bella looked at it questioningly. Who did they reckon she was? A Fool? What purpose would this candle holder serve to her?, she conjured up an eyebrow at them.

The other alien tried to communicate to her in English,"Light, light, no daylight."

She didn't understand a thing, but couldn't be harder on them. Acting on instincts and wisdom, she added the symbols of 'Dis' to the word 'appear' and the aliens disappeared out of the window and within minutes the spaceship was gone. And, she was left alone, questioning what they meant about the candle holder.

Bella sighed heartily at the relief that she still is in one piece. She thought of the worst. God only knows how many more such shocking surprises are in store for her... Finally, she decided to use the holder for the purpose it is made for. She fired up three candles and laid them in the holder one by one and there... 

Ethan's face, upon which the light fell came to her view and other parts of him was still invisible. Everything was making sense to her now. 

Ethan chuckled at her shocked expression unaware that he was being watched back.

She gawked at his face intently, like it was a dream and that made him mindful that she can catch him. "Oh Lord, can you see me?"

She happily nodded in agreement. And watching him smirk over something, added,"Okay, I do see why the jester in you is in such a rise but see what I got." She said cheerfully as she carried the holder up and down and all around the place, to see him. "I can't believe this. What is this all about? Who were they? Where were they from? I really don't know, but I understood very well that they were not at all fooled by my pretense of being a witch or they would never have given me this."

The humor gone, Ethan nodded in understanding and said,"I trust they are someone from a different magical land, who Margarita must have captured to acquire more abilities. Suppose, if just one Candleholder can challenge Margarita's case, then what they must really own that made her catch them."

Bella thought and felt pity for them wondering how long they must have been in that captured the state.

Ethan felt proud of her and said,"It's simply your goodness, my love that even unknowingly you manage to do good for people and they must have sensed this, that is why they gave you this Candleholder."

"I thought they feared me. Didn't you watch the trio of us straining to hide from each other." She expressed joy as she recalled how madly she had been shouting and moving all over the place. Ethan laughed at the reminder and that made Bella felt embarrassed thinking how he must have been laughing at her, at that time.

Ethan lifted her face and their eyes locked as he stated,"Realize... Sense the light within you, Bella. Time is recording you as the lady who is behaving like a Knight for me and to those alien people. They helped you because of the goodness they sensed in you. They knew, if you had been a witch you would have not feared them in the first place. You gave them freedom and they gave you what you desired to have."

She looked at him happily, holding the lights almost near to his face as their eyes locked into each other for an eternal moment and then they sat near the table again, to help find the spell that can break his curse so that they can live happily together, forever.

 1460 Words