Chapter 2: I know you

I look up and instantly recognize who I'm talking to, but cannot seem to remember his name. I keep looking into his piercing blue eyes, trying to remember, "I-is the book okay?" I ask while he helps me stand up, never breaking eye contact.

"You fell and you want to know if the book is okay?" He laughs, towering over me.

I simply nod, "I spent many weeks writing that book, and I'd hate to damage it in any way."

He picks up the book, and examines it, "It's still in excellent condition."

"Good," I reach for the book, and realize that he isn't going to let go.

*Theo's POV*

I watch her as she reaches for the book in my hands, a slight blush on her face. She looks slightly embarrassed. However, I find her quite stunning. Long blonde hair perfectly framing her heart-shaped face, spotted with freckles, a pair of thin silver glasses, and her lips look unbelievably soft in this light.

Suddenly, I feel her hand on mine. I realize that I've been holding onto her book, "Oh, sorry about that!" Letting go of her hand, mine suddenly feels empty.

She laughs, obviously noticing that I had been staring at her. Merlin, who the hell is this girl? "It's alright. Emeline Silverston."

"Pardon?" that name sounds so unbelievable familiar to me, like I know it somehow,

"My name, it's Emeline Silverston."

"Theodore Nott," I stick my hand out for her to shake. While she crooks her head, and smiles.

*Back to Emeline*

I know him, from school, and also from somewhere else. I can't remember from where though, better not to push.

"Thank you for the help, I'm such a clutz," I laugh pushing up my glasses.

"It's really not a problem, Emeline," my name sounds better coming from his mouth.

"You're in Slytherin right?" I smile and shake his hand.

"Yeah, 5th year, you?" He looks as if he's studying my every move.

"Ravenclaw, also 5th, but can't do magic outside of school grounds yet."

"That explains the falling," Theodore lets out a low chuckle, "also explains the book."

I lightly slap his arm, "Not all Ravenclaws are bookworms, Theodore! It's such an insufferable stereotype,"

"Okay, okay, I apolo-" he gets cut off by none other than my giant of a brother.

"M&M! I heard about your book getting sold here, congrats, baby-sis!" Tucker engulfs me in a bone-crushing older brother hug.

"Tuck-er I ca-n-n't bre-athe," I manage to choke out before he lets go of me.

"I'll just have to pick up this book of yours, and give it a read," Theodore takes a book from the top shelf, and drops it in his basket.

"Nott."

Theodore stiffens at my brothers acknowledgement, "Silverston," he looks at me and a smile threatens his lips, "I'll  see you around, Emeline, Tucker."

"What were you doing, talking to Nott?" Tucker snaps at me, strangely hostile.

"I have just been properly introduced to him. I've had classes with him for years though. I swear that I've met him before because he seems very familiar." I wanted to scream! I know Theodore better than this, I swear that I do.

"No, you don't know Nott. His father is a very bad man, a death eater, and Theo- Theodore is a right foul git," Tucker explained. Barely noticing that he almost called Theodore a nickname. He seemed sad, as he said those words.