Chapter 2

Copyright of 2021©All Rights                    Reserved to Daff123                             Chapter

2

"Truth by Thorns"

I looked for the pain, it wasn't there. All I ever got from him as he walked around me was shivers, thinking about his eating match and all he ever did was smirk, like it was funny.

Jes was able to get a message to D' about how I was doing. All he knew I was on another one of my trips to wherever enjoying life as I proclaimed to do, hanging up my ink. I didn't want to entirely but I'd been wanting my own spot for so many years that I'm sure Ave would make that happen if I wanted it bad enough. Still---Farrah was trying to make a serious effort, right on out her own personal will. I could give it to her there, she wasn't the type.

Avieon was in his office. I walked around looking at the large paintings, the one way bigger than me. I could see the resemblance in some of the people in them, to him. His features were definitely unforgettable. The last time I got jealous, it lead us into a fight...the last time he got jealous, we fought. Honestly, I was done fighting and the only thing I wanted to do was reconcile.

Fighting pulled to much energy out of people, including myself. Every time I passed his office, he gave me the come hither with that long finger he pleasured me with the night before. I teasingly shook my head no and continued my exploration of his past.

The third time is always the charm and for that, I felt his hands snake around my waist, stopping me from my walk down history lane. "You trying to drive me crazy, teasing me with those eyes, my little minx?"

"I'm pondering?" My eyes drifted off to what I was referring to. The large painting on the wall that was the largest one of a man with a simple crown on his head, holding a scroll with a blood colored ribbon around it.

"About?" He whisperers in my ear, circling around my small frame until my back sat in comfort against his strong chest. His breath fans my neck, taking me go back...all the way back to our many intimate moments.

"Who's that man?" I pointed with a single digit. He grabbed my hand and pulled it down taking me in a full circle where I was facing him again.

"Let's not talk about the ghosts of my past, let's talk about how you tasted so sweet on my palate last night." As sweet...as he said that, I wanted to know.

"Avieon, you're deflecting. Who is the man? They all have names except for him."

His eyes were strikingly blue. It seemed to have been once light but somewhere in some instance, he lost it. Maybe the man had a family, maybe he was powerful with a purpose but failed it.

"Sherri, how would you like to go see your dear friend Farrah?" He interrupted once more with something else.

"I'm good." I pulled away from him and continued my walk. I felt him following me for a minute but then my steps once again became my own that I would hear. The long halls lead me to the garden with every single flower I could call that my grandma taught me about. It was beautiful but like every nice garden, there were things that you couldn't eat.

"Belladonna" I whispered as I looked over the beautiful but poison flower. It could kill a child instantly if administered in any way.

At the end of the garden I could hear screams. It was the screams that kept me up at night. I stood there a minute before taking steps towards it. "Hello?"

My voice echoed in the coming darkness of the old metal gate. People were forbidden passed it, I would think with a poison garden but my curiosity had wandered night after night with the captured wolf that had taken me.