The Forrest (part 2)

Eventually Snow White came upon a stream. "This must be the river the knight was talking about." She mused. It was more of a brook or a rill than a river, and there was no path next to it... there was no bridge either but there seemed to be a track on the other side of the stream. She could've easily jumped across, to the bank on the other side. It looked like the track went straight north, but you never know where a path leads unless you've been down it before, and Snow White didn't have a map.

Snow thought about her options. She really wanted to get to The Kingdom of Marchen as quickly as possible, but the sun was already low in the sky and she could tell it was going to set in a couple of hours. It was already getting dark, and she didn't want to go back into a thick forest-with a canopy of leaves blocking the little sun remaining . She needed to find shelter as soon as possible. "If I follow the stream" thought Snow White "Maybe I'll happen upon a settlement".

Yet again, Snow White followed the knight's advice and made her way down the river, hoping to find a hamlet or a farm to take shelter in

Yet again, Snow White followed the knight's advice and made her way down the river, hoping to find a hamlet or a farm to take shelter in. The Princess was was wearing thick leather working boots, so she managed to trudge along the muddy river bank without getting too wet. It was slow and arduous, and she was beginning to think that she had made the wrong decision, but then the marshy river got shallower and began to widen. Snow looked around in surprise. The sticky mud was replaced with large stepping stones, pebbles, and sand, which made walking easier.

Eventually Snow found herself on a pebbled beach surrounded by cliffs. There was a staircase carved into the rock, with a wooden railing beginning halfway up. She went straight up the stairs, without thinking much, tired and relieved. The sun was beginning to set and her stomach was a knot of anxiety. "One last push" Snow said to herself, picking up the pace. There was a smooth path carved out of the mountain side. To one left of the mountain path was rock and to the right was a sheer cliff. She carefully made her way along it, sure to stay close to the wall. Eventually Snow decided to take off her wet shoes and tie them to her belt. Here, if she slipped and fell- she'd definitely die.