Chapter 10

~

~Madara's POV~

With my assistant out of duty for some time, I started getting lazy and that showed in my work. But Izuna who considered himself the cause of the events, backed up my slackened state with his energetic one.

I had been appointed a new assistant for the time being and to be extremely honest, I did not like her one bit. The tea she made was always bland and bitter and I was annoyed with it to the point that I stopped drinking it.

I missed Mako's tea. And her frowns. And her presence. And her remarks. And her sour yet honest attitude.

I sighed as my mind thought of the mauve haired girl, who I had shown surprising affection when she had collapsed in the hallway just days ago. But as I thought about her delicate state, something Izuna mentioned about her entered my mind. It was when he had solely requested my time in my office to discuss Mako.

" About Mako, eh?" I asked.

" Hai, nii-san." My brother replied seriously.

" What about her?" I slumped back in my chair and closed my eyes as Izuna spoke.

" About today's events, I am so guilty to have missed the shot and that I accidentally hurt her. But that aside, its about what happened before that."

" Hmm?" 

" She was extraordinary in the battle." I opened my eyes and looked at the young Uchiha with a questioning look.

" What do you mean?"

" I meant what I said. Did I mention we were surrounded by a number in hundreds?" I nodded and he continued. " Your assistant annihilated them without much effort as if she was used to this." 

" Without much effort?" I narrowed my eyes.

" Yes. She killed them all with actions so swift and any hardly any move she made was useless." He took a breath then continued. " Even though she got here with the top grades but it is still impossible for someone without such background to be so skillful. Nii-san there's more to this girl then she's letting on."

More to Mako than she's letting on?

I felt slightly offended when Izuna said that. I did not know why but I started connecting my kind behaviour to Mako with the uneasy feeling I had when I first met her.

I remember I had started to believe in love at first sight when she smiled even though it was forced. Oh how I was longing for her to smile again. I sighed and chuckled at my love-struck thoughts. 

In such a little time that girl had worked wonders on me and I won't deny the strong hold she has on my heart is very much to my liking.