Chapter 1

~

~Mako's POV~

" Hotaka Mako." 

" Hai." I answered to my boss and handed him the folders filled with the reports of the last assassination.

" As impressed as ever by your work." He smirked and pulled out another file.

" I need that vacation." I said interrupting before he could assign me another assassination. I had talked to him that I needed some time away from my usual work.

" After this one mission." I groaned and stomped my foot.

" You have been saying that for the past ten missions!" I exclaimed angrily.

" Oh but this really is the last one." Boss/ Ichirou gave an innocent look. I sighed annoyed and took the folder from his out-stretch hand.

" What is this supposed to be?" I flipped through the pages that occupied some names but one in particular caught my eye. It was the name of the second most successful family in Konoha city. Uchiha.

" As you can see-"

" Do I finally get to assassinate the Uchiha?" I asked with hope.

" No. This is not an assassination, it is an infiltration mission. You must get inside the Uchiha, get trusted and gain information on them. Then report to me every twice a month. It is a long-time mission so try and get together with them." I glared.

" How am I supposed to 'get together' with people who destroyed everything of mine?!" 

" Now now. You are the only person I can assign this to. Others screw up too much. Beside, its a small price to pay since I gave you a place to call home." I narrowed my eyes. He always guilt-tripped me into things I did not want to do. I sighed.

" Fine. I will do it but I am taking a really long break after that." 

" Ok. You start tomorrow." I rolled my eyes and left Ichirou's office with the folder.

Well, Ichirou was right. After the Uchiha's destroyed my family when I was nine, he took me in and raised me as an assassin. I was happy killing bad people. Its been ten years since that incident and I was the most skilled one in the Assassin's Organisation.

There were quite some people here but they had been revealed to the world. I wasn't. Nobody had ever seen my face or known my real name. They just called me 'Shadow Assassin'. 

I smirked to myself and went to my room. Placing the folder aside, I stripped out of my tight black jumpsuit and went to shower.

As my waist-length mauve hair dried, I put on a light red colour shirt and blue jeans with combat boots. I typed on my laptop to see a way to infiltrate in the Uchiha's police force and found it sooner than expected.

They were looking for assistants. For their leader. For Uchiha Madara. Perfect.

I smirked and jotted down everything that I would need for tomorrow and sent an online application form to their website. I received a number then looked for the requirements they were looking for in assistants.

I fit in all of them. Jeez. Its a piece of cake for me.

~