chapter 2

We were waiting at the hospital. Ben was sitting next to me. Max and Gwen were talking to the nurses about my sister Lavender. I was worried, and I did appreciate the help. No one was ever this nice to me.

"So how long have you had your Omnitrix?" Ben asked.

"My whole life," I said.

"Really?" Ben asked.

"I'll explain once I know my sister will be okay," I said. "I'm really worried."

"Well you'll be happy to know Lavender will be just fine. Doctors just finished checking over her. She's gotta go under a minor surgery but it'll help her." Max said.

"Thanks. I appreciate your help." I said.

"Let's go to the RV so you can tell us about yourself," Gwen said. "They said it'll be a few hours before they get started."

I nodded. We went outside to the RV. We sat in the back.

"So how have you had the Omnitrix your whole life?" Gwen asked.

"I was born with my powers. My dad was alien, while my mom was human." I said.

"Where are your parents?" Max asked.

"My dad went off to fight in a war for his planet. My mom passed away a few days after we were born." I said. "My dad gave me and my sister our Omnitrix's after she passed. Then he left."

"I'm sorry to hear that," Max said. "You and your sister can stay with us."

"Thanks," I said. An explosion went off. We looked out the back window. There was smoke. Max drove in that direction. We got there and ran out.

"This looks like a job for 4 arms," Ben said and went to touch his watch and grabbed his arm.

I looked at mine and picked what Ben called it XLR8. "Why XLR8?" Gwen asked.

An alien landed in front of us. "That's why?" I said.

It tried grabbing me but I was too quick. I ran in a circle around it making a cyclone. It got lifted off the ground and tossed towards the atmosphere.

"Whoa." I heard Ben say as I slowed down.

"I'd change. These guys tend to have buddies." I said.

Ben nodded and changed into XLR8 as well. 3 more aliens came out. Gwen and Max backed up. I knew exactly how they could help.

"Gwen, Max go find their ship and wait at the control panel," I said.

"On it," Gwen said as she and Max ran off.

"You know what you're doing?" Ben asked.

"I've had to protect my sister for 10 years. Of course I know what I'm doing." I said.

Me and Ben ran off. 2 aliens went after me. The other one went after Ben. Come on guys let's see if you can keep up with me. My Omnitrix began glowing and my speed increased. Once I was far enough away I turned around and ran right at them. I jumped and kicked both of them in the face. And because of the speed I was going at. It knocked them out. I grabbed them and ran towards their ship. I put them inside and ran to find Ben. He was fighting the alien.

"Ben give me your arm!" I yelled.

Ben didn't seem to trust me much but he held his arm out. I grabbed him and began spinning. Soon I had enough speed and threw Ben at the alien. He hit him in the face knocking him out. We grabbed him and ran to the ship.

"Gwen, hit that red button. Max pull that lever." I said.

They did as I told them. Ben grabbed Max, I grabbed Gwen and we ran to the RV. The ship took off. Once it was in the atmosphere it exploded. Me and Ben timed out and changed back.

"Wow. Your smart." Gwen said.

"I've dealt with stuff like this my whole life. You learn how to deal with them as they come." I said.

"Well let's get back to the hospital and wait for your sister," Max said. We got into the RV and drove back to the hospital.