Chapter 18

<Katniss's POV>

I bounce around the kitchen giddily grabbing plates, silverware, and glasses, while Peeta makes blueberry pancakes. I feel happier than usual and it must be because of the life growing inside me. Peeta simultaneously makes pancakes whilst smiling at me as I grin and skip around our kitchen.

"I've invited Jo and Annie over today, Finnick may stop by as well," I inform Peeta.

"Are you going to tell them because I won't be here, I'll be at the bakery," Peeta says. I smirk, recalling the plan I made.

"Well, I thought it would be funny to tell Annie and Jo about it and then not tell Finn and make him wait," I say barely able to get the words out because I'm giggling so much. Peeta playfully rolls his eyes and plops the pancakes on the plates I set out. We eat with a little small talk until Peeta kisses me and then heads out to work at the bakery.

Instantly I run upstairs as fast as I can and start to get ready before Annie and Johanna show up. I take a quick shower, blow dry my hair, letting it fall in natural waves that now reach halfway down my back. Then I put on a simple pastel green sundress.

I look at the clock, and they are going to be here in ten minutes. Rushing downstairs I grab the cheese buns Peeta made and put them on a nice plate. Along with it comes three mugs of coffee, and Peeta also baked some cookies that I lay out on a tray. Rushing now, I bring everything into the sitting room and open the curtains wide letting all the sun in. The doorbell rings and I smile. I run to open the door.

"Hi brainless," Jo says jokingly. I smile and hug her followed by greeting Annie and little Finn. Finn giggles in Annie's arms looking up at me. I can't wait to have a child like that.

"Follow me ladies," I say gracefully. I lead them to my living room where the food is set out. We sit and talk for what must be an hour. I decide that now is a good time to tell them.

"So guys, I have some news," I say. Johanna gestures for me to continue.

"Well spit it out." I take in a deep breath.

"I'm pregnant!" I say giddily. Annie's face lights up and Johanna offers a smile.

"Finally I won't be the only one with a baby," Annie replies happily.

"Oh I almost forgot, you guys can't tell Finnick, I'm going to wait till I start showing and then one of you is going to straight out say something about why I'm so big," I explain. They nod they're heads in agreement. Johanna looks especially happy about the plan. I hear the door open and I immediately recognize the sing song voice.

"Oh ladies, have no fear Finnick is here!" Mr. Odair exclaims walking into my sitting room with a movie star smile.

"But Finnick's been here the whole time," Johanna says, gesturing to baby Finn. Annie almost bursts out laughing and I hold back a smile. Finnick mocks a depressed face.

"Oh that little twit stealing my women!" Finnick says scooping up his child. Finn giggles as Mr. Odair spins him around, pretending to look hurt. Finnick playfully falls to the ground as baby Finn puts his hands on his fathers face. "Ahh, he's got me!" Finnick says happily mocking sadness. Annie scoops up Finn from Finnicks chest.

"My little hero," Annie mumbles, planting kisses all over baby Finn. The child just giggles and flails his chubby legs around. Johanna and I cheer as Finnick stands up and bows as if congratulating himself on his own acting.

"What's that Finn? You want to scare Uncle Peeta out of his wits?" Finnick says pretending to hear the baby speak. I glance at Finnick.

"Uncle?" I ask.

"Well that's usually what a child calls his fathers brother so..." Finnick says leading on with a few hand gestures.

"So that makes me," I say pointing to myself.

"And me?" Johanna says pointing to herself.

"His aunts of course," Finnick says nodding. Johanna clears her throat.

"Well that's sweet and all, which reminds me, I'm sorry I lied to you guys," Johanna says. I dig through my memories. When did Johanna (by herself) lie?

"When did you lie?" Annie asks.

"When we were in the arena," Jo starts. Annie's eyes widen at the mention of the arena, but she busies herself with her babies hair as her husband rubs her back. "I said that there was no one left that I love, I was lying." When Johanna says this we all know what she means. I grin widely. "Now before this gets to emotional let's plan our scare attack on lover-boy," she says. We all agree and start brain- storming.

4 hours later.

Peeta should be home in any minute so we all get in places. "I see him coming, get ready!" Annie yell- whispers. We nod in response and turn the lights off. We all stand around the door in the dark and wait for Peeta to enter. The footsteps move closer and soon the door creaks open.

"Katniss I'm ho-" Peeta starts, but before he can finish we all jump out and flick on the lights. The extra cake Peeta was carrying gets thrown in the air and lands on Finnick's head. Finnick stands there for a moment as us girls hold in our laughs as best we can.

"Peeta Mellark, I hope you know how to run fast because you are dead meat!" Finnick says, starting off soft with his voice getting increasingly louder. Finnick starts to chase Peeta around the house as the three of us girls start dinner.

"Don't hurt yourselves," Annie shouts back. We all giggle like little school girls.

After Finnick and Peeta have stopped wrestling we eat the dinner we made and eventually Jo, Annie, Finnick, and baby Finn head home leaving Peeta and I to slump up to our bedroom. We fall asleep spooning, dreaming about the future with our child.

A/N FINALLY UPDATED!

I don't know about you, but I loved that scene between Finnick and Finn. S'cute.

Have a nice day/night!💚💛💚💛