Chapter 7

A/N what will happen to Katniss!? Find out below.

<Katniss's POV>

I wake up from what must off been a state of what must of been unconsciousness. I don't open my eyes but I listen. I hear very familiar voices. "She could of died because of me!" Peeta. I'd know his voice anywhere.

"She almost died because she loved you so much!" This voice is deep and raspy. Haymitch.

"Peeta she has told me over and over how much she loves you!" Jo, defiantly Jo.

"That maybe true but let's say I did hurt her then what?" Peeta says.

"That won't happen, you want to know why, she is strong, you have all of us, and I know you can learn to control the flashbacks." This voice is like a purr, so I know it's Finnick.

"Okay maybe I'll give it a chance," Peeta says. I feel this is a great time to open my eyes and speak.

"Good," I say. Peeta rushes over to what seems to be my hospital bed.

"Katniss, I'm so sorry this is all my fault I-"

"Stop it Peeta this isn't your fault!" I am actually kind if angry with him for blaming it on himself.

Peeta looks exhausted. He has big, dark, bags under his eyes and he has scruff on his chin. His eyes are also red and puffy from crying. "Katniss I want to ask you something formally." I nod to show him that he can go ahead and ask me. "Will you be my girlfriend?" He looks so desperate for my love.

"First tell me how long I've been out," I say.

"9 weeks," Peeta says looking down. I gasp. That long. Wow, he stood by me that whole time.

"Peeta Mellark let me tell you something, yes." His lips connect with mine and that is when I remember we have an audience. I pull away and look behind Peeta. Haymitch, Jo, and Finnick are all smirking. "Shut up," I mumble. We continue kissing.

"I'll go tell the doctor you are awake," Haymitch says still smiling. "Why don't you two nimrods come with me," he says signaling to Jo and Finnick.

Jo walks to the door but Finnick just stands there smirking. Jo speaks up, "hey numb nuts are you deaf, come on!" Only then does Finnick move out the door.

"Peeta can I ask you something?"

"Of coarse," says the typical selfless Peeta.

"Why are we dating after everything we have gone through together?" I ask very curious.

"Because I want something normal with you," he says plainly. I think about his answer. None of my life has ever been normal.

I say that to Peeta, "My life has never been normal so why start now?"

"So you don't want to be with me?" Peeta says his face falling.

"No no Peeta that's not what I meant! I just want to move faster with you," I say. I have been thinking about this for awhile and I am glad that I have finally said it.

"Okay Katniss, give me one normal week with you, and then I don't know but let's take it one step at a time." I nod showing my agreement. Then the doctor comes in.

"Welcome back Ms. Everdeen! Okay so we are getting you're release paper right now so you can be let out by about 2:00. It's 12:00 now so shouldn't be to long," the doctor says. She has long blonde hair with brown eyes. "I'm Doctor Phillips by the way." I nod my thanks and go right back to Peeta.

2 hours later.

We are just outside the hospital heading towards the car. Jo and Finnick have their own car so it's just me, Peeta, and Haymitch in one car. When we get to the victors village I never thought I'd be so happy to see my front doorstep. When I walk in I take a deep breath and inhale the scent of my home. This is going to be a great week.

A/N okay so this is a short filler chapter but I needed to get the story to a certain point so ya. Comment!!!