Two - Tangled

CAGED

Two - Tangled

Louis sat in his boxers, munching his Cheerios happily as he chuckled at the television. He may have been twenty-one, but he could never be too old for Spongebob. It had been three weeks since the night he witnessed a murder, and he had recovered fantastically. Physically. On his hands, small, pink scabs were dotted around on his knuckles, but they had healed well. On the other hand, his mental state had not made any progress. As soon as there was nothing left to preoccupy his mind, it would drift off to thoughts of that night. His thoughts lingering on the way startled green eyes met his own...

After a while, a lethargic knock sounded from the door, causing a large intake of breath from the book clerk. He was frightened to open the door after that night, and he felt so pathetic about it. With great caution, he got to his feet and moved over to the door. It creaked open slowly, revealing a young man with a dark brown buzz cut and a sickly charming smile. He was dressed in a black well-fitting suit, with a tie to match.

Typical, Louis thought to himself, allowing his eyes to roll up to the Heavens. "Liam," he greeted him coldly, keeping his body in between the well-dressed man getting and his home. He didn't want any more unwelcome guests. "Why are you here?" He queried, folding his arms on his bare chest.

Liam Payne chuckled to himself and pushed past him with ease, granting himself access to the flat. "Ah, cousin, you're welcoming as always." A smug smirk played on his lips as he perched himself down on the sofa and rested his feat upon the coffee table.

"I thought Aunt Elizabeth taught you some manners. Or was that just another lie she told my mother to make her feel like shit?" The home-owner rolled his eyes and pushed his cousin's feet off of the table, setting himself down on the armchair in the corner. "Why are you here?" he pushed. "You didn't answer my question."

The man sighed, "You really need to let go of the past, Lou-Bear." He laughed to himself and helped himself to the abandoned bowl of Cheerios, munching on them the way Louis had been a few moments earlier. "Anyway... Why am I here?" His head danced on his shoulders for a few moments as he considered the situation. "Well, for some reason, my father likes you. And he wants you to come to our Christmas dinner."

Louis huffed and took his breakfast back, yanking it away from his cousin. However, he made a mental note not to eat it after he did. He almost gagged at the thought.

"So, shall I tell them that you're sorry you can't make it?" Liam assumed, raising an eyebrow. That's what he hated about him most. He always assumed. The egotistical bastard thought he knew everything. But in truth, he was just as idiotic as everyone else.

The book clerk's jaw twitched as he gritted his teeth. "You know what," he hissed. "Tell him I will be there." He didn't actually want to join their shitty dinner; he just said it to prove Liam wrong. As soon as the words left his mouth, he regretted it.

And with that, his cousin stood up. "See you there," he sneered before exiting swiftly.

Louis scoffed and went into the kitchen, clearing up his bowl and putting the kettle on. And that's when the door rang again. What the fuck does he want now? he thought to himself as he strolled back to the door, opening it yet again.

But it wasn't Liam standing there.

Terrified green eyes met his once again, leaving the home-owner to feel as if he had been punched in the gut. "H-Harry?" Louis whispered, unable to believe that this was happening. Again.

Harry pushed in, panting. His whole body was trembling and he was covered in sweat. He didn't even look at him. It appeared he was too busy, pacing back and forth, rubbing his temples.